CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 20, 2013

LOVIN' SUMMER......


This summer is, of course, going by way too fast!  We are having so much fun and I just wish summer could last forever.  The next few weeks the kids are all over the place and I know from now until school starts will fly by so I thought I better catch everyone up on what's been happening!

Terry has been busy at work, busy at home and busy with the golf tournament preparations.  Cooper's Cause Foundation's 6th Annual Golf Tournament is this Friday and so the last couple weeks have been busy with organizing and planning the final details.  This week will be absolutely nuts but is all worth it.  Every year we hear new testimony of how we are helping others and I cannot tell you what fuel it is to keep on going.  In February we brought on another board member and someone to help me out.  It has been fantastic.  I feel like we are more organized and achieving more of our goals.  So the focus this week will be on the Golf Tourney and the celebration will be on Friday!

Raelynn has been riding!  I have to say it seems like that is about all she does these days.  I am so proud of her and she has came sooooo far this year.  She is currently high point in one of her classes and has surpassed 100 points which is a pretty big deal.  The racing is coming along and even though she is not much of a dare devil, she is really getting more adventurous on the horse.  Her pony, Moon, is becoming a real partner little by little.  Probably the most fun for her and me is that she has met some great new people.  Thanks to Aunt Bonnie setting up a horse play date, Raelynn made friends with another girl her age in the circuit.  The cool part is that this little new friend also has a wonderfully fun family.  She has a little sister who is 4 who has taken a liking to Coop. :)  She is a little ball of fire and is so stinkin' cute.  She has this little tiny horse and she and Coop play for hours!  Her Mom is awesome as well.  We have had some good laughs watching our kids.  Anyway, it has sure made show and racing season a lot more fun for us all!  Last week Raelynn and Emma were doing Rescue Race and they fell off.  It was a little scary but the girls did great keeping their composure and there were no tears shed, not even by me!  It really made me realize how far Raelynn has came.  Below is a video of the rescue race.  Raelynn is the rider that is picked up!




Raelynn and Moon

We have to take a little time off from riding to swim!


Practicing with friends!



Raelynn and her friend Emma practicing Rescue Race


Raelynn with Charm



Raelynn at her riding clinic!  She did great!


Cooper is a little bummed because T-Ball is over and nothing else has began yet.  He is constantly on the go and I am just thankful that he has been able to play and have fun at the horse shows or I think he would have exploded by now.  He continues to amaze me.  He is absolutely hilarious and a constant comedian.  He is also maturing a little bit and becoming more aware of his limitations.  I asked him this week if he was ready for soccer to start again and he very quietly said he did not want to play anymore.  I was so surprised I stopped what I was doing and asked him why.  He said, "I get so tired and it takes me so long to cool off.  I can't cool down and I'm too tired after I play."  The thing is that Terry and I have seen this for some time but he never seemed to.  Now it seems he is starting to recognize that there are sports he can do that do not take him all day to recover from, T-Ball being one of them.  He did seem sad about this and I asked him if it made him sad not to play and he said only if he couldn't do other things.  I promised him I would make sure he got to do other things and asked him what he wanted to do.  Apparently he had already thought about that because he instantly said, "I want to swim again and take Karate and play basketball.  Then it will be summer again and I can play baseball again!"  I had to chuckle just like I did on Thursday night when he literally did a happy dance when Terry took him golfing.  Needless to say, as long as the boy is busy he is happy!
This craziness is after a horse show!  Yep, we get this dirty and I even allow it!  I guess I have came a long way too!

Coop and his new school supplies!

No one is listening to my No Four Wheeler rule!

Coop and his friend Sydney.  Raelynn teased him that it was his girlfriend and he said, "No she's not!"  He then turned to me wish a puzzled look and said, "Is she?"  Too cute!

Coop and Sydney on George 
Pure trouble again!

Coop golfing, sort of :)

Coop's new hang out, hahaha!


I am busy as usual but so happy.  It is hard to feel anything but excitement daily when you have two amazing kids that bring something new to the table on a daily basis.  Last week a friend that I don't get to see much, simply text me, "Just texting to say Hi!"  She text me in the middle of rushing to pick up kids and rushing to riding lessons and it made me smile and take a deep breath.  It is those little things that make me realize I am the luckiest person in the world.  I have wonderful friends and even though I don't get to spend much time with them they are each so special to me in so many ways.  I count my blessings every day!  I also have found an old friend on Facebook, or I guess she found me, but I haven't kept in touch with her after a falling out we had and it makes me sad.  She has a beautiful family and every picture I see I wish I had been a better friend to her.  It was a lesson I learned a long time ago and I have never forgotten.  I cherish every friendship I have now and try so hard to be a truly good friend.  I wish I had never learned the hard way but glad, at least I learned, that friendship and family are precious and should be treated with respect, honesty and loyalty always!!!!  To my beautiful friend, I hope you have everything you dreamed of and more!!!

0 comments: