CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

OH NOT THIS MORNING!!!

This morning was one of those, "Oh no, not this morning!" mornings.  You know the kind, you are running late, rushing everyone, pushing multi tasking to the limits and then, that thing happens that has to halt everything and you have to deal with it.  Well this morning we are rushing out the door, Raelynn was headed out to get in the car and I paused inside to grab a few things and tell Coop and Terry goodbye.  I walked out the door and there at the end of our driveway stood Raelynn just staring.  Across the street in the undeveloped area full of trees was a bulldozer cutting down trees.  You could just see the very top of it but you could hear it.  I knew right away we had problems.  I walked up behind Raelynn and she turned around with tears streaming down her face, "Why are they taking the trees down, we will never see the deer again, I don't want them to do that!"  There are so many wonderful things about having a loving and sentimental daughter but there are also some really tough ones.  We have been talking about this for a few weeks because we could tell by the flags and markings that they were getting ready to do something across the street but I guess our forewarning didn't really help.  I knelt down and hugged her and then we went back inside to see if Terry knew what they were planning to do.  It was really so sad.  These types of heartaches I can't just fix and she knows that so I just hugged her and reminded her of how lucky we have been to have the opportunity to see the deer in the past.  I told her we would get to see new things now and that the deer would find us again, maybe out at Aunt Bonnie's or Aunt Steph's.  I think it helped a little but it sure put our rushed morning into perspective.

What a fantastically insane weekend we had.  Beautiful Raelynn turned 8!  It is hard to believe that 8 years have already flown by but they have been amazing!  I cannot even begin to explain what I have learned, felt, understood and wondered in 8 years.  With every piece of my being I know that being a mother to Raelynn and Cooper is what I was put on this Earth to do but it was Raelynn who captured my heart first and taught me to love.  She is a wonderful daughter and sister and I cannot wait to see what the next year holds.  Saturday we had her birthday party and that was about as hectic as I can handle.  I have no idea what I would have done without Mom and and the rest of the family to help.  We got up bright and early and headed to a horse show Saturday morning.  It was the Youth Show so I had to work in the concessions.  Cassidy and Chandler helped Bonnie and Raelynn with their preparations and such.  We left the horse show early to make it to Coop's game at 11:30am.  We were late but still got to see him.  Then it was home to eat a bite and change for Raelynn's Pool Party.  Sherri, Cassidy and Chandler were a huge help here while Mom and Steph stayed back with Terry to get everything ready for the family party after the pool party.  It was all a great success and Raelynn loved it all so that is all that matters, but with a house full of company and 6 little girls for a sleep over, I think I about lost my mind!!!By 4pm Sunday I have my house clean and quiet and back to normal.  I was exhausted! Thank you so much to all our family and friends for making it a fantastic 8th Birthday for Raelynn.










Monday was Raelynn's actual birthday so it started out with homemade blueberry pancakes and a little gift from her brother.  I surprised her for lunch and gave her another little gift, tickets to Despicable Me 2.  I think she loved having me their for lunch so that was fun.  Then we brought treats for her friends and staff at BGC.  When I picked her up she had another surprise at home and then over to Topeka for dinner at Huhot and a little shopping at Justice !  It was another long day but as I tucked her in she thanked me for making her birthdays the best and I knew I had again succeeded.  I love making their birthdays specials!!!






 After Monday, this is how we all felt!!!



0 comments: