CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 23, 2013

OH YEA! SHE DID IT! SHE RACED!

What a day!!!  We arrived at Raelynn's horse show at 8:40am this morning and got home around 7pm and it was worth every hot, dirty second!  Raelynn has been showing horses since she was 5 years old. This, however, is the first year she has wanted to race.  Aunt Bonnie bought a "pony" for her to race with.  He is much smaller than her show horse but he is stubborn.  Raelynn was suppose to race last weekend but her pony, Moon, was very jittery and Raelynn was even worse so we ended up scratching.  Every since Raelynn had a couple scares with her big horse, Charm, she has been so apprehensive and timid.  We decided a couple weeks ago it was time for me to get much more involved and for Raelynn to learn basic riding skills.  So thanks to her amazing Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Brian, we worked very hard this week.  We practiced 3 times this week for a couple hours each night.  Raelynn and Moon made huge gains, but today was the real test.  This was only Moon's 2nd show and his first to race.  He had a few stubborn patches and was a little excited but overall did great!  Raelynn did fantastic!  She was so nervous and scared but she rode Moon and even didn't freak when he rared on her.  I cannot even begin to tell you how proud of her I was.  I was also so happy to be in the circuit we are.  Everyone encouraged her and helped her along.  One of the other Dad's was in the arena with us and he helped her get started which I welcomed because I wasn't sure how much to make her do on her own and how much to help.  Anyway, it is so amazing how far she has came in such a short time.  I also cannot believe how I stand there and encourage her to be strong and command her horse when inside I just want to rip her off the horse and keep her beside me where she is safe.  This parenting thing is nuts!  We instinctively protect them at all costs but yet we turn around and put them in harms way to build their confidence and let them grow.  I think sometimes my emotions are all over the place all at once.  Regardless, I don't think I have every been so happy or proud of an accomplishment I have made  as I was at Raelynn's today.  The only negative of the whole day was that I had dirt in places dirt shouldn't even be able to find!!!

Raelynn and Moon

Raelynn, Charm and Aunt Bonnie

Raelynn during her show class


Raelynn Racing!

Happy Mommy!

Whoops!  Looks like Coop got the camera from Daddy!

What can I say, I needed somewhere to sit!

Raelynn and I getting our game plan together, hahaha!

Raelynn Racing down for Lead Back

Raelynn during Lead Back
Also, I think I forgot to post that Coop had a cardiologist appointment on Wednesday.  All test came back fantastic!  He does have a little more leakage in his valve but they expected that.  He also has a very low heart rate which they don't seem to fully understand as this has been mentioned before.  They are just thinking it is Coop's normal.  They did have him where a heart monitor again for 24 hours just to make sure that his heart rate is increasing appropriately when he is active.  We should hear the results of that on Monday.  He wore the monitor on Thursday and when we removed the electrodes, they left bruises on his skin!  It is just crazy how think and sensitive his skin is!
Bruises that are still left today from the electrodes on Thursday!
The exciting part though is that he finally broke 35lbs!  He is a whopping 35.5lbs and 37 inches tall!!

0 comments: