CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 2, 2013

SO PROUD..........

Saturday was Raelynn's last horse show of the season in Circuit and I could not have been more proud. Going back to the beginning of the summer when she was timid and unexperienced.  She had a scare when her horse spooked on her.  Now, she is riding in control and it is so wonderful to watch.  She placed first and second in her show classes and has reached over 100 points in 2 of her classes.  However, I am most proud of her racing.  Racing is a whole new ball game.  It is fast and not controlled and contained like showing.  Raelynn has been scared and a horse can sense that but her pony she loves and her confidence has built little by little with him.  On Saturday, when it came time for racing I asked Raelynn what she wanted to enter.  She always does flags and rescue race and then it was between barrels (clover leaf) and lead back.  We have practiced barrels, sort of, but she has never ran them at a show.  Anyway, Aunt Steph encouraged her to do barrels so barrels it was.  As the other riders went I was so nervous for her.  I didn't know if she could get her horse to run the pattern and if she did I assumed she would walk them.  Raelynn enters the arena and puts her horses nose on the fence just like the big kids.  She turned her horse and off she went.  She rode the barrels and even trotted at that.  She loped him home and I was SO excited for her.  The circuit we are in were so encouraging as well as all the other riders cheered her on.  She beamed with pride!  I really have no way to express how I felt for her.  She has grown so much in so many ways.  We have so many to thank for that including Aunt Bonnie and her bestest horse buddy, Emma.  Having a friend in the circuit has been empowering to her and watching Emma has made Raelynn want to be better.  Emma's entire family has made this season more fun for us all!








Besides an awesome Saturday that ended with some grilled steak with Steph and Cody, yesterday was great as well.  Most of the pools close this weekend so we thought we would get in one last fun day poolside.  We picked a new pool with great friends and enjoyed the day!!!

Today is proof that we should only have a 4 day work week and 3 day weekend.  It does not matter whether we remove Friday or Monday from the work week, it just matters that we have 1 more day with the family!  I started the day with a 5K Run at 8am.  Then it was home to make muffins for breakfast which Coop helped me with.

Then outside we went to work on the yard.  I finished up my portion and had the car washed by 1pm.  Raelynn and Cooper literally played all morning.  They had more toys out than I even remembered we had.  This afternoon they decided to help Dad and it was so cute.  Terry was re-rocking the flower beds and Raelynn became his right hand man.  They were out all afternoon.  Coop finally joined the fun late this afternoon.  I now have Lasagna ready and just waiting for everyone to finish bathing.  Our family has had time to get done what is necessary and enjoy one another without the words "hurry up".  If only every week could be like this.  I feel refreshed and ready to be back to work tomorrow but what I feel most is that I am soooo lucky to have the family I do!!!!!

0 comments: