CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2015

SELF IMPROVEMENT

It is June 1st and we are officially 1 full week into summer vacation.  Last week was awesome!  The kids were home with the sweetest "baby sitter" in the world.  This year we decided to have a friend's daughter watched the kids a couple days out of the week so they didn't have to go to Boys and Girls Club every day.  The situation is that Coop is happy wherever he is as long as there is something to do that involves his buddies and a ball.  Raelynn on the other hand has a very different opinion of things.  She doesn't mind being bored she just doesn't care for certain things and one of those things is summer Boys and Girls Club.  Last year was a struggle and I knew this year would be worse so we are doing what we can to accommodate because I absolutely understand where she is coming from.  Therefore we have arranged things so she will only be at BGC for 1 or 2 days a week and one of those days is a swim day which is always good.  Raelynn is also "working" at our old daycare a few days this summer.  I cannot tell you how sweet it is of her old daycare providers to let her do this and she is so excited.  Anyways we have the summer pretty well ready to go.

Coop has had 3 baseball games so far and is currently undefeated.  He loves baseball..........and soccer and basketball and the list goes on.  It is fun to watch he and his friends though.  The boys are really starting to grow up but they still love to cuddle with their mommies so it's almost the perfect combination.  Raelynn had her first horse show of the season yesterday.  It was evident that lessons are really paying off.  We have all knew horses this year so we weren't sure exactly how things were going to go but she came out with 2 Firsts and 4 Seconds so not too bad at all.  I was so proud of her. She has been working so hard and it is really showing.

I am all into these self improvement books lately.  It is a little weird because I am super happy with my life but I think things can always be better so why not work at making them better.  I have stepped up my workouts, I am making sure the food around the house is healthier, I have completely outlined our budget and am working on improving finances and the list goes on and on.  One of the things I read lately that would improve your happiness was to write down 3 things you are thankful for everyday and journal for at least 2 minutes.  I have no idea how long I will keep this up but the 3 things I am thankful for today are Raelynn, Cooper and Terry.  I would not have the life I have without them.  Thankful is a huge understatement to what I feel for having them in my life.

Today was a Monday.  It hardly seemed we had a weekend and I felt like I was playing catch up all day.  However, it was a beautiful day and it did not rain so that was A W E S O M E!  When we got home I made dinner while Raelynn studied for her horse test and Coop played outside with our new neighbor.  It's super cute to watch them.  It's what I have always wanted for Coop, someone right next door he can always just run a play with around the yard.  I love living in Lawrence!

0 comments: