CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!!

So we have been home for a few days now. My Mom is still here and I cannot even begin to explain how helpful she has been. She has missed Christmas parties, Steph and Karli's band and music performances, Steph's 18th Birthday and much more just to be here for us. Now I understand why she has done this; now having two amazing kids of my own I know you sacrifice anything to help when they need it but I also understand that if it wasn't for her I would not be the Mom that I am. She has taught me how to love so strongly it hurts. Anyway, I owe her so much and just pray that my kids feel the same about me as I do her when they grow up.

Terry has also been pretty amazing. He is getting back in the swing of work this week and I think probably very happy to be back. Last night when he got home he jumped right into helping with Cooper's feedings. Although feedings may seem like no big deal, with Cooper's feeding tube it is a very long process and the help is greatly appreciated. Between feeding Cooper, bathing Raelynn, dinner and just keeping the chaos to a minimum, Terry had to laugh at the end of the night reminiscing about how we used to be able to at least sit long enough to watch a couple TV shows at night! I think those days are gone, hahaha. He has been great, even my Mom comments on what a great Dad he is. I am very lucky!!!!!

The past 2 days I have attempted to get up and try to get ready just as if I were going to work to see that I can manage all the morning activities and still make it to work by 8:30 am. I have realized I need a lot of practice. So far my best time is 9:05 am. I only have to shave off about an hour! Don't worry Tom, I will keep working on it!

Raelynn and Cooper are doing great. Raelynn loves him very much but did ask if I could take him back to the hospital yesterday when things just weren't going her way. It was pretty funny because I expected this would happen at some point. Within a few minutes she was again by Cooper's side with pacifier in hand assuring him that he would be ok because she was there. It is precious. Cooper is coming along very well. We see our pediatrician about every 3 days and Cooper seems to be gaining weight and doing well. If he keeps this up we should have the feeding tube out in a week or so. This morning he weighed 6lbs 2 oz. He has so many facial expressions I could watch him forever. I did not realize until we got home that I had not really just connected with Cooper yet. I think not being able to take care of him and hold him it was hard to feel that deep love. These last few days being home and caring for him I have fallen madly in love with him just as I did Raelynn. Being a Mom is GREAT!!!

1 comments:

Moms said...

Ha! I totally wanted to take Cassie back to the hospital. Heck I still do sometimes!! (just kidding little sis:)

Niece Kylie