CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT....


I have so much to say today I am sure I will not be able to type fast enough!!!

Friday was a great day! It started by dropping Raelynn off for her first day of preschool. It was so cute. She was a little apprehensive at first but as soon as she realized there was play-do she was good to go. She was definitely the cutest kid there, hahaha! She is just growing up so fast. From there I headed to Manhattan to help move Steph in. What a day! It brought back so many memories. I think Steph was a little nervous but I know she will do great there. She would do great anywhere. She is one of those people who can do anything and get along with anyone. I am so proud of her. I talked to her tonight and the first day of classes went pretty well except for her very advanced Spanish class. The entire class they speak Spanish. Her comment was "I think they gave an assignment but I am not sure." Not a real good thing but I know she will work it out. Anyway, I think she is settling in and I know I am happy to have her so close.

While I was in Manhattan, with no cell service in hick town, Cooper got a fever. Of course, Saint Lisa took care of him and got him some Motrin and gave him lots of love. We were up all night Friday and Monday morning I took him to the doctor sure he had another ear infection. He did not. You would think I would be happy about this, but with Cooper, not knowing what is wrong is far worse for me. Dr. Kelley assured me this was a good thing and he just had a little bug. By this morning his fever was gone and he was doing much better. Now Raelynn has the sniffles so I am sure it will work it's way around the whole family. Mom was here Friday night and went home Sunday. She spoils us so much when she is here. It is no wonder I always hate to see her go!

Tonight Rick and Shannon brought over one of Chandler's bikes she had outgrown. It was so cute and Raelynn started riding it right away. She had just told me she needed a bigger bike and I guess she was right. It was so cute so enjoy her first "big girl" bike ride.

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for tomorrow night. It is Coop's Troops fundraiser at Henry T's. I got so many wonderful emails and comments after the news report and article today. If you didn't catch it, copy and past this to your address bar. It turned out pretty good.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/aug/25/infants_illness_spawns_charity/
We actually got an email from another local family that was in the NICU when we were there right after Coop was born. We had thought often about them and I was thrilled to hear from them. There were others too. I just cannot begin to tell you how "big" this all is. It is so worth all the work. I get chills just thinking about it. Tomorrow night will be a very humbling experience I am sure and one I will never forget! Who would have known these two could bring so much good to the world and to us!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see some "purple" in those pics! Ha Ha :)
-Uncle Jeff