CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

GLASSES FOR ONE, THERAPY FOR THE OTHER....

So if you know me you know I am a little "anal". Yes nothing can go undone. I never procrastinate because what can be done today should never be left 'til tomorrow. I hand mop my floors at least daily. Even our junk drawer is organized. Ok, so you get the picture. Well last night we ran out of diapers in Cooper's diaper caddy. I got some more out of the closet and asked Raelynn if she would mind opening them and putting them in the diaper caddy. She eagerly agreed and I left the room to get Cooper a drink. When I returned the pictures below show what I came back to. There was my daughter telling me they needed organized by the color and characters before she put them away and this is just what she had done. After the extensive organization I helped her put them neatly in the caddy. She was very pleased with herself and I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that I am creating a monster! The truth is she had little chance not to be a little "OCD" because Terry is over the top as well. He is a perfectionist. He can take hours just to simply hang a picture because it has to be perfect. I am not complaining at all, of course I want the picture perfect as well.



So let me begin by saying the Wink Eyewear is fabulous and the owner, Mike, was wonderful to us. I picked Cooper up from Lisa's after I dropped Raelynn off from preschool. I was in a hurry as always and was to meet Terry at Wink Jr. at noon. It is downtown on Mass street so of course when I got there I circled the block several times looking for a place to park. Finally I decide to park in a little parking lot about a block away. By this time I am about 5 minutes late and have called Terry twice complaining about my lack of parking ability! The problem is I am horrible at parking so parallel parking is out of the question and a snug parking spot I don't even take a second look at. So I go to grab Cooper out of the car and am very excited to meet Mike at Wink. As I am grabbing Coop out of his car seat he decides to throw up. We have been having a lot of issues with him doing this lately and everyone thinks it is because of his cold but I am not completely convinced. Anyway, there I am reaching for anything to clean him up. Now I am freaking out as Raelynn would say. Again, if you know me, I believe first impressions are very important and I wanted little Cooper to look his best. Well he still looked fine but did not smell so great. I cleaned him up and now am about 15 minutes late....shoot me! I am walking as fast as possible down Mass street in my heels carrying Cooper. Then I realize the prescription card my eye doctor had given me had got launched when Cooper started throwing up so I had no idea where it was but too late now anyway. I see Terry and hand off Cooper and walk in the door with a smile on my face. From the very start Mike was great. He of course asked me for the prescription card and I told him little Cooper had gotten sick and he stopped me right there and assured me he would not have wanted the puked on card anyway :) It made me laugh! He tried on several styles and got a feel for what looked good on Coop and what we liked. He is ordering in a few in Cooper's size and we will go back on Monday or Tuesday and try them on and pick the best one. I have to say looking at Cooper in these glasses made me laugh. He is so stinkin' cute with glasses or without. So I guess I am saying I am coming to terms with it and everyone is helping by saying how cute he will be. Thank you! Whether you mean it or not, thank you :) Mike was generous enough to get his lab to donate the lenses as well and therefore are basically taking care of Cooper's first pair of glasses entirely. I cannot even tell you how nice and generous this is. They are cutting no corners either by giving him the best lenses the little guy could need. They had so many frames to choose from as well and it all makes us feel so blessed. Thank you to Sarah for making the call and thank you to Mike for being so generous and having a big heart! The pictures below give you an idea of Coop in glasses although these were too big.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, the diaper story is hilarious. And Coop is soo soo cute in his glasses. He looks so smart and grown up. I can't wait to see the ones he gets.

Cousin Cassie

The Dukes said...

Raelynn and I will have to meet someday- we are kindred spirits.

Cooper looks like a million bucks in those glasses (too big or not!). I see a three piece suit in his next photo shoot...