CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

IS TODAY CHRISTMAS????

Every morning Raelynn asks, "Is today Christmas?" before she even wakes up. This time of year has always been my favorite but it is even better now with the kids. Our weekend was packed with last minute cooking and shopping and packing. Raelynn, Cooper and I cooked all day Saturday making cookies, banana bread and candies. It was so much fun but my helpers pooped out a little early. Raelynn managed to always be in the kitchen when it was time to lick the beaters from the blender or lick a bowl or eat cookie dough, but cartoons called her away during the baking and clean up time. The kids were really great this weekend and I managed to get so much done. We are all just very eager to head out to Western Kansas to see Grandma and Grandpa and everyone else. I know these next two days are going to be very long. We have so much to do on Monday delivering gifts but then we will be ready to go.

We picked out Cooper's glasses on Wednesday and we hope to have them before we leave. He is still throwing up like crazy but cannot explain why other than his cold and coughing causing it. Other than that he is fine. He is getting very ornery. Today, every time Raelynn and I would be playing or I would be holding her Cooper would come over and try to disrupt us or push her off my lap. At one point he pulled Raelynn's hair and Raelynn says, "Cooper that is not very good choices, you need to make better choices." Cooper reached up and pulled her hair again and she says "Cooper you need to use nice touches!" With that, Cooper laid his little head on her shoulder and gave her a hug. Raelynn and I both cracked up. They are so cute and I find myself so proud of Raelynn with the way she handles him. I am truly afraid Cooper is going to be a terror because he is just so darn cute and you cannot help but laugh at his orneriness. He knows exactly what he is doing and finds himself quite entertaining too. Most of the time after you have told him "no" a few times he gets this little grin on his face and tries it just one more time trying to see how far he can get. When you scold him he sticks his pouty bottom lip out and you would think you just crumbeled his self esteem. It is all way too funny.

There is no real big news for us, just anxious for Christmas. Our family has such a wonderful time. Christmas Eve we spend all day cooking, well Mom and Sherri do, I usually help with one or two things before finding one of the kids that needs my attention more :). Then that night we always attend Candle Light service at church and then home to eat and open presents. This lasts way into the night but as a general rule we end things by midnight! Then Christmas morning it is up bright and early to see what Santa has brought. I still love this part! Then more eating and time with the family. It truly has to be the best holiday ever. I think I am so excited this year because last year we did not get any of our traditions and honestly I remember very little. We had only been home with Cooper for a few days and I had pnemonia. I was in so much pain Christmas Eve I really do not remember much other than our emergency room trip. That is why I can't wait to enjoy really our first Christmas with both the kids. So two days and counting.......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very safe trip and wonderful Christmas. Say hi to everyone for us. Love you, Cathy & Don