CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

COOP GOT HIS GLASSES, STEPH GOT HER HOUSE...

Well we made it through another crazy weekend. Friday morning I started at 4am headed to the office to take care of a few things. We ran a million errands and were on the road to Manhattan to help Steph move in to her new place around 2pm. When I arrived the place was a mess. We cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Around 10pm the real fun began....shopping. We left Coop and Raelynn at Steph's with Cody and headed out to buy everything one needs to set up a house. Steph had already purchased her furniture and it was delivered that afternoon but she had nothing else, not so much as sheets! It was a blast! I love decorating so the idea of starting from scratch and spending someone else's money was fantastic. All was good until about 12:30am when I hit a wall. I was so tired I did not think I could make it one more step. We got home and by 2:30am were in bed. Unfortunately, the kids have these amazing built in alarm clocks that never go off any later than 7am. So back up we were and since Steph made me stay up so late I was more than anxious to wake her. We spent the rest of Saturday doing more cleaning, decorating and shopping. The kids and I headed home around 6pm and I felt so happy for Steph. Her place really cleaned up well and looked fabulous. I had to leave before it was complete so I am very anxious to go back and see the final project. Shortly after we hit the road, Raelynn said, "Mommy I think we need to make Grandma some cookies when we get home." I said OK but asked why. She said it was because Grandma was so nice and did nice things for us and we should thank her. I was so proud and happy that Raelynn said this. We always try to instill in her that it is important to be kind and let people know how appreciative you are for what they do. My Mom is without a doubt a very selfless, kind and thoughtful mother and it was so heart warming that Raelynn recognized it.

When we arrived home we were all eager to see Daddy and he was eager to see Cooper's new glasses! Yep we picked up his glasses before we left town on Friday but Terry had not yet seen him. He looks so cute, very much like Harry Potter. He is doing amazing well with them. He does take them off occasionally and they do get in his way when he is rolling on the floor or trying to snuggle but we will all adjust. I hope they do what they are suppose to and he won't have to wear them forever.


Today we spent still trying to get new Christmas gifts hooked up, the house organized, bills paid, etc. I always make "New Year's Resolutions" but I prefer to call them my yearly goals. I have done this since I was in high school and usually do a very good job of achieving them. There are always the usual ones such as certain financial goals, to go above and beyond to help people, to be kind always, to be a better mother than the year before, and so on. However I also try to set one just random goal and this year it is to cook one meal a week that we have never made before. This is a big one for me because I cook every night but do not enjoy one second of it. I hope I can keep this goal as it will be a tough one.

I forgot to mention a couple of things we did back in Scott City. Most of the time we were there it was pretty warm so we spent one afternoon at the park. I think Karli and I had more fun than the kids. We played on the monkey bars, swung and went down the slides. It was crazy fun and I was a little sore afterwards!




On Christmas night we went to a little place outside of Scott City. This family has created a light show that is awesome. You drive up to their house and just sit in your vehicle. You tune your radio to a certain station and as the music plays the lights perform. It was incredible. The really amazing part of it all is that it is all by donation only and the money raised goes to a local charity. It could not be more perfect for the season. They have a website, wasingerlights.com, if you ever find yourself anywhere near Scott City around the holidays you have to check it out.

JUST FYI---COOP HAS NOT THROWN UP FOR 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

The Dukes said...

Coop's glasses look great! He seems a little proud to have glasses on like Daddy in those pictures.

There is a house here in Lawrence with a similar light display that is awesome. It runs through Jan 6, so you could catch it tonight. It's on Parkside Dr. right by Dad Perry Park. Turn up Parkside circle and you won't miss it.

CARR FAMILY said...

Coopers glasses are so cute!!!

Wow, your little girl is sure growing up to be a great person!

Great job Kristi and Terry!

Take Care

CARR FAMILY said...

oh yeah, I have some great recipe books if you would like to look at them for some ideas!!! Let me know I can leave them at LAC for you to take home and view.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh I love the glasses. They are adorable. So is Cooper . Raylenn is way to grown up but I love it. Wonder why.

Love Aunt Linda