CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

ANOTHER WEEK PASSED.....

I cannot believe how time flies. Last week seemed to be a preview of the craziness the next month holds for us. Cooper is doing well and really has to be the orneriest boy ever. I know I keep saying this, but it really amazes me. He cannot hold still for 5 seconds and it is a constant battle to keep him entertained. Believe me I am not complaining, I love it, I just cannot believe how different he is than Raelynn. One morning this week while we were all scrambling to get ready, the silence of Cooper made me go searching for what trouble he could be in now. I walk into Raelynn's room and there Cooper is sitting on top of her desk throwing markers one by one into her trash. Of course Raelynn rushed in to let Cooper know that not only should he not be on top of her desk but he should not be throwing other people's things away!


Raelynn is still in the big girl mode and tonight just reaffirmed that. My 3 year old daughter had her first swim team practice. She was so excited when Claudine invited her to swim with the big kids. It was absolutely adorable and she did pretty good with a little help from the coaches. The girl was born to swim. Afterwards she could not stop talking about how big she was getting. We got home and headed to take baths. Raelynn informed me she did not need any help and she didn't. She went to the bathroom, started her bath, filled it, shut it off, washed her body and hair, picked up her toys, got out, dried off, brushed her hair and teeth, put lotion on, got her pajamas on.....all while I just sat and cried! No not really, there was no crying but the rest was true. We have raised our daughter to be very independent and independent she has become. It sometimes amazes me.

Well as Raelynn said tonight, we have one more day to spend the whole day together before back to school and work. I cherish these days!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...is the little stinker walking yet?

CARR FAMILY said...

Way to go Cooper, keeping you mom on her toes!
Raelynn is so grown up.
You guys are such great parents!