CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

COOPER IS FINE AND TERRY IS A PATIENT MAN.....

The important stuff first, Cooper is fine. We saw Dr. Kelley today and he checked Cooper out. He does not believe there is any reason to be immediately concerned. He is setting us up with a SAT monitor for home so that when Cooper's color is off we can check his SAT level. His level was at 76 today which is lower than it had been but for Cooper was still acceptable. We were very relieved to hear this news. Coop was a maniac while we were there, walking around playing with everything. Of course, we were all thrilled to see him so active, doctors included. We will continue to watch him but for now will continue to enjoy the ornery little poop just as he is. He had also gained 4 oz which is better than loosing so we are still headed in the right direction!

Tonight we had swimming lessons again. Lisa and Jarod came along to watch. Coop had a short lesson and then we had to wait until the group lessons were over for Raelynn's. Coop is still crying like crazy but doing what he is suppose to do. Raelynn is jumping in, swimming freestyle, rolling to her back when she needs a breath and then back over to freestyle. It is amazing to watch. Especially knowing that she started just 2 years ago right where Coop is at. Anyway, so we got home a little later than usual. We walk in the house and Raelynn and I just keep talking about how cold we are. I don't think much of it because we are all a little damp from swimming and it is freezing outside. We eat dinner but still seem really cold. We head back to our bedrooms and I decide to turn on the space heaters we have in our rooms. When I do, they pop up saying 58 and 59 degrees. I went to the thermostat and it reads 59 degrees. What?! No wonder we are freezing!!! I call Terry and he says he is on his way home. He changes the batteries in the thermostat and a few other things. I continue getting the kids ready for bed. Then he comes up stairs and says, "Kristi do you remember hitting the switch by the heater?" I follow him downstairs to see what he is referring to.......so on Sunday I thoroughly cleaned the basement. I reorganized the storage area where our Christmas decorations are and at one point saw this switch that looked just like a light switch I had never noticed before. I flipped it on and off a few times but never could see what it controlled. I had intended to ask Terry later that day but forgot all about it. Well now I know. That switch turns the heating unit on and off. You learn something new every day! I could do nothing but laugh. Here Terry is thinking, "Oh my gosh we are going to have to come up with money for a new furnace", when really his stupid wife had just shut the power off! Of course Terry just smiles and says "well you have to go tell your daughter it is your fault she is freezing!" So I do and Raelynn laughs right along with the rest of us. Terry is a very patient man. He tolerates my crazy need for everything to be perfect right along with my stupidity. He is a good man :)

2 comments:

Huber Family said...

So glad to hear that Cooper's SAT levels are OK! Funny story about the heater - thank goodness that's all it was = ) When you have a chance, could you email me your swimming instructor's contact info? I really need to get the boys started and it sounds like she does an excellent job with your kiddos. Thanks! And, again, so happy everything is good. ~Jen

CARR FAMILY said...

So glad to hear things are going well with Cooper.
Tell Raelynn we are proud of her for being a fish in the water! Cooper will be a fish soon!
Tell Terry we miss his cool head at LAC, there's been numberous times I remember thinking I wish Terry was here to give his two cents!!!
You all take care.