CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY.....

I have decided I cannot wait so long to update the blog because then I have way too much to say. Today was a beautiful day! I cannot believe how warm it was. In between tumbling and swimming lessons the kids and I were able to vacuum out the car, ride bikes and roller skate. Both Raelynn and Coop took their first bike wrecks of the year. Raelynn's made me laugh but Cooper's caused a few scrapes and bent the glasses we just had adjusted this morning! Raelynn is still enjoying tumbling and swimming. She had her team swim practice again tonight and you just cannot believe how much she does. She made huge improvements over last week. The best part of it all is she never stops smiling. I mean she is swimming up and down that pool for 45 minutes!!! Every time she stops to take a breath or wait for the next instruction she has this huge smile on her face. It is just awesome. Coop on the other hand still thinks it stinks. I have been getting in with him and he seems to be doing a little better but he still "complains" as Claudine says.

The past week was again crazy. Terry had to open the store on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so that meant he left early which meant I was left to finish getting everyone ready, Coop to Lisa's and Raelynn to school. Even though it was a little hectic it was kind of fun taking Raelynn to school since I never get to. Last Sunday we went to Tom and Jan's for the Super Bowl and had a great time. Raelynn and Cooper played with Emma and Cooper found out he loved M & M's. Monday the kids were at Mary Beth's because Lisa took the day off. That is always a treat for them because both of Raelynn's best friends, Kaden and Cayman are there. On Thursday morning we had a little more trouble than we had Tuesday and Wednesday getting ready without Daddy. Cooper is starting to get a little cold again which is causing him to throw up again because of the drainage. Thursday morning Cooper was sitting on the counter while I was standing in front of him eating a banana. He started to cough and I knew what was coming. As I saw him start to throw up I stepped aside thinking it would be easier to clean up the floor then try to find something new to wear. I stepped aside as Coop projectiled but there stood Raelynn right behind where I had been standing and right in the line of Cooper's throw up. Now I realize that it is completely disgusting to get hit in the face with vomit, I also cannot tell you how funny it was. There Cooper sat on the counter covered in vomit, crying and there stood my 3 year old daughter also covered in vomit, crying. Where was I? Curled up on the floor laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants! I quickly gathered myself and began the calming and cleaning up. After things had settled Raelynn began to feel bad for Cooper because he was sick so she went and got him one of her babies, Jack. She handed Cooper Jack and Cooper gave him a big hug and started to pat his back and caress his head. Raelynn looks at me and says, "That's the sweetest thing I ever saw". It was so cute!

I could continue to tell you story after story of the things Raelynn and Cooper do throughout the week because I am sure I could write a book. Raelynn was in her bath the other night and told me she wanted a Leapster. I told her I didn't know anything about them and she said, "just go to www.goleapster.com and they will tell you about them and you can order me one". Well alright then, I guess there is not playing dumb anymore. How does she learn this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raelynn is also starting to talk a lot about when we had to stay at the hospital with Cooper and asking when we are going again. I know she hears me talk about it but I don't want it to be a big surprise to her when the time comes. We talked quite a bit about it the other night and she seems to understand. She told me she knew we would come home as soon as we could.

As everything is great with us, unfortunately it is not for a friend of ours. Her husband was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and from what I understand it is very rare and located in the top of the small intestine. They are an amazing family that hav already faced some very scary medical issues with their son. Please, please pray for them. They are wonderful loving people and deserve all our prayers! She helped me tremendously with resources to better help Cooper. I now only hope I can find a way to help her!

1 comments:

CARR FAMILY said...

Have you ever seen the show "kids say the darnest things", sounds like you live this everday. Kids keep you smiling and laughing, they are priceless.
Thanks for everything,
Julie