CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

OUR FIRST PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES....

Today was our first Parent Teacher Conference and Terry and I could not be prouder. Raelynn has 2 teachers, Ms. Hanf and Mrs. Strong. They are both wonderful and Raelynn loves them to death, but after our meeting today I had even more respect for them than before. First the funny part, we get there and I insist they take pictures for the scrapbook of our first conference. They already know I am a little crazy so the laughed and went along with it. Terry made the comment, "It's not like your the first parent to do this" and Ms. Hanf says, "Well, actually.....". How funny is that. I am sure if they did not think I was crazy before they sure do now.
Ms. Hanf.....

Mrs. Strong.....

They had nothing bad at all to say about Raelynn and only made us prouder of her with their comments. Raelynn is an amazing little girl and they only reiterated that. Where I was quite taken with them was with one little discussion. This month they studied the human body. It has been Raelynn's favorite month so far and she has daily told me new things about her body. Ms. Hanf and Mrs. Strong made the comment that going into this month they had discussed that they would need to watch Raelynn to make sure as the discussed the heart that it did not cause her any discontent due to Cooper. At the time I thought this was thoughtful of them but as I thought about it throughout the day I could not help but think what good and insightful teachers they were. They are very in tune with the kids which is sometimes not easy to do with 3 and 4 year olds. The fact that they would think outside their class about how a lesson plan could stir up emotions of discomfort for her made me respect them in a whole new way. There attentiveness and insightfulness is very touching to me and I could not be happier that my daughter spends every morning learning from them. Ms. Hanf and Mrs. Strong~ Thank you! We truly appreciate you!

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here. When I got off work I picked the kids up and we treated ourselves. We went through Sonic and headed to the park. We ate dinner and played. It didn't take long to cool off when the sun started going down so we didn't get to stay too long but it sure was wonderful to spend some time playing outside! The kids had played outside all day at Lisa's too and Raelynn was all too ready to go to bed. Coop was tired too and went to bed easy enough but he has started waking in the middle of the night. He wakes up around midnight and literally screams for an hour. I am not sure if it is his teeth as they have been bothering him or what. We try to comfort him while still trying to teach him that we cannot just hold him all night but it is making for long nights or I guess rather short ones. I didn't even wake through either of my alarms this morning and did not get up until around 5:30am. I am hopeful tonight he will stay asleep :)

Tomorrow Steph comes down and then Saturday my Aunt from Western KS. She has never been here so I am anxious for her to see how our life is but also don't want to jam too much into the weekend. She had cared for my Grandparents for years until they passed away and just really hasn't been anywhere for years. I think she is looking forward to the trip as well. I hope she will get to bond a little with the kids as she really hasn't seen them much. It will be a good weekend and of course is always fun when Steph comes to visit!

0 comments: