CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A THOUGHTFUL GIFT, A TERRIBLE SISTER AND SO MUCH MORE....

This morning I receive a call from my little sister that is living in Manhattan (I cannot bring myself to say who is in college at K-State----TRADER!) She was very excited about a surprise for me. We had talked earlier in the week about Terry and I and she and her boyfriend meeting in Topeka for a dinner together for Valentine's Day. At the time I had reminded her that we would of course have the kids. She said she would talk to Cody (her boyfriend) and I would talk with Terry and we would see if they were up for it. So this morning she calls to tell me that Cody thought it sounded fun and that she had arranged a babysitter for us. What!? I was furious. How dare she find us a babysitter because she didn't want my kids there! I let her know I was not pleased and hung up. Seconds later it occurred to me that she didn't get us a babysitter because she didn't want the kids there, she got us a babysitter because after almost 4 years she thought Terry and I needed a night out together. I felt horrible!!! I hate leaving the kids behind because working full time I don't feel like I ever get enough time with them anyway so I just took it all wrong. After a few minutes I realized it was a good idea and then after a few more minutes I was a little excited about the whole idea. So Terry and I have plans for Valentine's Day!!!!!!!! Anyway, it was such a sweet thing for Steph to do and I am happy she did! Fortunately for me she is an awesome sister and completely understood my earlier freak out session about the whole idea.

Coop met with Dr. Kelley today and got 4 more shots. He has a terrible cold and is throwing up again but Dr. Kelley said he is fine. He had only gained 1oz since last month and that we were not too excited about but he is so active right now! He now weights 16lbs 13oz. I am still trying to find ways to get him to drink more so he can gain a little weight. We need him bigger by summer for his next surgery.

Raelynn has a cold as well but does not seem to bothered by it. This morning she was walking around the house swinging her arms and turning her head side to side. I asked her what she was doing and she informed me she was practicing her swim arms and side breathing because she has swim practice again in 2 days and she needs to practice. I cracked up! I have a feeling we will be at the pool a lot this summer.

0 comments: