CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A WEEKEND WITHOUT DADDY.........

Terry left Friday to go with Tom to put carpet in their house in Missouri. It was the first time Terry had been gone over night in quite some time. I wondered how the kids would do because they really love their Daddy. Surprisingly everyone did quite well, me included. Raelynn said she missed Daddy several times and was anxious to call him but thought it was ok that he was gone because he was helping Tom and Raelynn loves Tom. Cooper was fine too.....until Terry got back. Yes Mr. Attitude chose to completely ignore Daddy and even cry when he tried to hold him. This lasted until today and I guess Coop decided he had punished him enough because he was back playing with him this evening.

Tonight I had to work late so when I finally got home around 7:45pm I was all in a rush to get the kids ready for bed. Raelynn was eating a little snack while I was getting Coop's PJ's on. When I got back out to the living room I asked Raelynn impatiently if she was done with her snack as she was staring at the TV. She said she was but couldn't go to bed yet because she was listening to President Obama. What?!!! Yep, there she was glued to the TV watching the Presidential Address to Congress. I have no idea what intrigues her about the President but it makes me laugh every time. Then there was Cooper clapping right along with everyone on TV during the address. My political children.....how funny is that considering neither Terry or I are that politically involved.

Cooper has become very opinionated and although still does not communicate mucb verbally, he is definitely getting his point across. He shakes his head "yes" and "no" when asked a question and will sign "more" when he wants more of something. The rest is pointing and grunting which drives me crazy but I love that he is getting more independent. He did refer to me as "Mama" this weekend which made me super happy. I remember once Raelynn started saying Mommy she never stopped! I never get tired of hearing it.

As I have mentioned the foundation is going like crazy. We have our new website up and running and adding to it everyday. Terry had a couple guys stop by the other day that had decided to have a "swap meet" to raise money for the foundation and gave the foundation a very nice donation. Terry was quite taken with their generosity and I hope to have some information about them on the website soon. We are also preparing for our float in the St Patty's Day Parade and our Bowl-a-thon in April. I got an email today from one of the committee members for the 5K and she already had over $1000 om sponsors. If I could even express how much it means to me what everyone is doing to support the foundation. I know how overwhelming everything is in our day to day lives and the fact that so many people make room in their already jam packed lives to raise money and support the foundation is just extraordinary. We are going to help families feel just as special as we do this year and help remove a huge burden from their already difficult situation. I don't think I have ever been involved in something so rewarding.

Below are some pictures of my source of constant motivation.....

Cooper loves his milk!

Raelynn's wonderful preschool class. If that doesn't make you smile, nothing will!

1 comments:

Nana Jan said...

Raelynn looks so proud and grown up! They did such a wonderful job raising money for Cooper's Cause. Raelynn, thank you for letting daddy go with Uncle Tom to the lake and install carpet, we can hardly wait until all of you can come down to the lake and have lot's of fun this summer!love you!