CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

ANOTHER MAGICAL WEEKEND

As another weekend ends and as Raelynn says "our two days together are over, five more days and we can spend the whole day together again!", I am reminded that in our busy schedules it is our time together that is important. Tonight after a meeting for a fundraiser for the foundation we hosted at our house, we cleaned up and then found ourselves all in the living room together. Terry was playing Candy Land with Raelynn and I was trying to keep Cooper from interrupting them. It is those times when we are all together that I wish I could bottle up and never let go. If every minute of every day could feel as simple and as good as that, we would have heaven right here on Earth.

The kids both were very tired tonight and neither seemed to be feeling 100%. We put them both to bed early and they willingly went. I am constantly reminded of how alike Raelynn and I are. She was exhausted but asked that I leave her light on for just a few minutes after we had read her story so she could get her "friends" ready for bed. Every night she organizes her stuffed animals in her bed in the exact same order and the exact same place. Terry has no idea how she can sleep with so much stuff in her bed but I remember doing the same. The funniest part of it all is how perfectly neat it all is.

Then there is Cooper who tosses and turns and wiggles and squirms until he just falls asleep. There is no order to anything he does and as I type this I cannot help but smile. Cooper is uniquely himself and I have a feeling there will be much about him I will not understand but already seeing myself willingly letting go of the exact way I think things should be done to let him slide a little part of his spontanuity in. I love this about him and each day I see him become more of his own person. I am growing with Cooper day by day and know that he will challenge me often and it is just that challenge that will keep me searching for new and better ways to be the best parent possible. I often feel it is because of Cooper that I love both he and Raelynn so much. He made us learn early on not to take them for granted and I think he will continue to teach us many things.

0 comments: