CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 9, 2009

IS IT REALLY ONLY MONDAY...........

The alarm goes off 4:15am. I am up and out the door. I am starting a new workout routine today. I am not teaching aerobics this semester so that if Cooper does have a procedure in April or May I won't have to worry about someone covering for me. The morning starts great. My new workout is hard and I am ready to get myself back into shape. I get home 6am and follow my normal morning routine; sweep floors, change loads of laundry, get Coop's bottles and meds ready for the day, into the shower out and ready by 7am. Then I head to Raelynn's room to wake the monster. I am pleasantly surprised because after over 12 hours of sleep the monster wakes up giggling. Awe, what a relief. Raelynn gets up and dressed and hair done and breakfast and teeth brushed. Now for Coop. Same routine; up and dressed, hair done, meds and teeth brushed. Coop's color is not so good so we check his O2 level. It is low 76. Off to Lisa's we go and then onto work by 8:30am. It is a usual Monday at work.....crazy! Lisa calls about 10am and has a fever. Ok so back to Lisa's to pick Coop up. Backup babysitter is full and cannot take the kids. Cooper and I head back to work. 11:15am off to pick Raelynn up from preschool and drop the kids off with Terry for a few hours so I can get a few things done back at work. Raelynn has a dentist appointment for tomorrow so as long as I have to be missing work I change the appointment to today at 2:30pm. Terry brings the kids back to the office at 2:15pm. I thank God I have a patient and understanding boss and then head to the dentist. Then we head to the pharmacy to pick up the multitude of prescriptions for Cooper, Terry and I. Cannot believe how much money was just spent at the pharmacy and the dentist!!! Finally get home and find a message waiting. Cooper's Synagis medicine is ready to be shipped but they need me to call and pay the copay....$554. Well at least now the money spent at the dentist and pharmacy aren't looking so bad. Manage to shut my jaw that just fell to the floor and try to remind myself to just be thankful I have him to by the synagis for.

That was my Monday....from that point on it was all paradise. The kids were fighting and making messes everywhere and I made dinner and laughed at Raelynn's constant yells of "Cooper William Keefer" and Cooper's constant tormenting made days like today all worth it. As we all sat at the table eating dinner the door bell rang. I paniced at who that might be considering the house was a disaster, I was in my pajamas and my hair was all pulled back in a manner only seen by my family. I went to the door and there was Molly, Coop's therapist from Tiny K. How could I have ever forgotten we had an appointment tonight! So in complete embarrassment I let her in and just made her promise to never tell anyone the mess she walked into or the way I looked. She just laughed ans assured me it was no problem.....of course, what else would she say :)

Our day and evening went much much better with Raelynn. She acted very well and we went to bed promptly at 8pm. It was great to have her back and I just hope I will see more of the "good" Raelynn! As for Coop he had went the whole day without a nap and still was all giggles as we got him ready for bed too. They are both so rewarding! The trying times are all worth it!!! Checked in with Lisa and she is feeling much better and ready to take on the kids tomorrow....Yipee!!! Normally I would say "so luckily tomorrow will be back to normal" but in this family "normal" is not a very defining word so I will just approach tomorrow that it will be another day full of challenges and chaos and rewards greater than any I have every experienced before. So bring on Tuesday and lets see what I can learn from it!!!!!!!

0 comments: