CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A NOT SO GOOD ENDING TO A GOOD WEEKEND....

So spring break has come to an end and it is back to school and work tomorrow. Our week was awesome with Aunt Karli here. She was a huge help and the kids love her although Cooper was ready for her to go. On Saturday it was as if Coop knew we were taking her home. He would not go to her, give her kisses or anything. When she tried he would actually push her away. It made us all laugh except for maybe Aunt Karli.

Saturday morning we got up and Karli, Raelynn, Cooper, Chandler and I all headed to Manhattan to spend the day with Steph. Mom had came up on Friday and would then take Chandler and Karli back home. Saturday was pretty fun. We spent most of the day shopping which of course is great. After shopping we headed back to Steph's house for dinner. Steph was so stressed out with all of us there for the first time at her new house. She freaked out because it was a little warm in the house, she didn't know what to have for dinner, it was getting late and her perfectly clean and organized house was a mess. I loved watching it. It has taken me years not to freak out about the exact same stuff. She was constantly picking things up and wiping off cabinets and on and on. This is the exact same stuff she used to yell at me for and tell me to just relax! Hahaha! It's not as easy to do and she once thought. Anyway the real fun started when we finally left Manhattan a little after 8pm. I was taking a friend of Cassidy's back to Lawrence with me, she is 12. I always miss my exit out of Manhattan so as always Cody (Steph's Boyfriend) had to talk me out of town. Finally we were on our way and then I remembered I really needed gas. We pass a sign that says Topeka 21 miles and according to my car I have 27 miles until I am out of gas. I am a little nervous but we make it. I get out to get the gas and cannot find any of my credit or bank cards. I had them all in my pocket while we were shopping because who can carry a purse along with a cooler for their son's milk and a diaper bag. I search my pockets, the cooler, the diaper bag....everywhere. No cards! I am trying not to panic since Kaitlyn was with me. I have no cash. They do not accept checks....hmmmm....I am 4 miles until I am completely out of gas. I find a quarter under my seat but really doubt that will get us too far. Then I remember I have this credit card that I never cancelled but we never use, thank goodness. So I charge my gas to this random credit card and we are back on the road. Kaitlyn's Dad calls and he has came into town at the completely opposite side of town. Needless to say we did not get home until a little after 10pm. I was thrilled to get home too because since last Tuesday I have had this awful tooth ache that just seems to get worse by the day. I have been living on Ibuprofen until I can get to the dentist this week. Then this morning I had to help with Sunday School so Raelynn and I were off at 9:15am. I had 12 3 and 4 year olds all to my self. It is always so interesting to see how different the kids are. After that Raelynn and I stop and buy groceries and then it is home to change and head to a bridal shower. It was for Raelynn's teacher. It was a lot of fun. I had checked earlier in the week with those hosting it as to whether we could have fun with the gift and they said of course. So yesterday we picked her out some "grown up PJ's" as Raelynn would call them. Raelynn's only comment was that she thought they were pretty but was worried her teacher would get cold! It gave us a good laugh! Anyway, I finally was home by 4pm and happy to hear our Hawks won! We were outside playing when Terry came out and said he needed my help which is never good. I walk inside and find out that a water pipe broke and flooded our basement. Great! So we spent the rest of the evening cleaning that up and thanks to our fabulous neighbors they played with Cooper and Raelynn and helped us move the stuff out of the standing water. So now our basement is completely a mess and smells "wet" which is disgusting.

I am ready to start a fresh week and hope I will be able to visit the dentist soon as I am running out of the strong prescription Ibuprofen I had left over from when I had Cooper. All in all we had a great weekend and will start counting the days until Raelynn, Cooper and I get to spend the whole day together again!

1 comments:

miles3_17 said...

Oh my gosh, remind me to talk to you about this, sad to say, but you know when we start talking we just go from one thing to the other and not about certain things. I'm sooo sorry this happened to you. And geez, you had enough on your plate, yet you still offered to help with my bling dog, and Steph's what a great best friend!!! Thank you SOOO much to you and your family for helping me and my family. I love you guys!! Thanks for Kaden's bday gift to, he was pumped when we walked in tonight. YEAH JAYHAWKS!!! We are off again on wed, so wish us more luck, I'll let you know about the dogs, I think we'll be good. Thanks again and good luck with the basement.