CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

KEEPING UP............

It seems to be getting harder and harder to keep this blog up!  What really makes me sad is that I use this as a journal for the kids to have when they get older and I am afraid I am going to miss something important that I want them always to remember.  However, maybe they will know or remember anyway :)

Last week was an average week.  Coop had school pics on Wednesday which of course were his first school pics.  I got him up a little earlier so I could fix his hair before I left to read at Raelynn's school.  As I finished I told Coop to smile like he was going to for pictures and this is what I got..........

His teacher promises me he smiled perfectly but we'll see!

Friday we took Coop in to see Dr. Kelley.  We were getting a little concerned about how skinny he was looking and a few other unusual things we were noticing.  Luckily the check up was great and Coop is just fine.  He weighed in at 30lbs which is just 2lbs more than a year ago but still a gain.  On the other side he grew 1 3/4 "which is great. His height is actually average which explains why he is looking so thin as he spreads what little meat he has on his bones even further.  All in all, with a few adjustments he is doing fantastic!

Over the weekend the family was here for our annual pumpkin patch trip which is always fun!  The kids had fun and I loved all the homemade goodies.  They have the most amazing cookies ever!!!

Sunday Raelynn had a cheer clinic and then will be performing at the LHS game this Friday night.  She had a wonderful time and when she got home and we were all ready for bed, she wanted to teach her brother what she had learned and show me the cheers and dance.  However, Coop had his own agenda as always and he did what he could to steal the stage.  (Don't forget to scroll to the bottom and pause the music on the blog so you can hear the video)


I cannot help but laugh!  He is hilarious and Raelynn tries so hard to be patient....most of the time!

Today Raelynn invited me to join her for lunch at school. She had earned 10 Gold Slips so we got to eat in her classroom.  It was awesome. There were a handful of other kids that ate with us and we just chatted away.  It was really great and I love getting to see a part of her day I usually don't get to.  The kids were awesome too.  Since I read to the kids in the mornings, there are several I am getting to know and as I walk down the hall they all are eager to say Hi and wave which brings a smile to my face every time. I just love being involved with the school and kids!

Tonight was a fantastic night at home.  We had nothing after school and work so we were able to come straight home. We rode bikes and did homework and made dinner together.  I don't think I said "hurry" one time which is nice.  The kids love being home together too and their conversations and play are more entertaining than any TV show could be.  I am just so blessed to have such an amazing family!

1 comments:

The Dukes said...

Those videos are hilarious! Can't wait to see our four kiddos together this weekend, it will be a hoot!