CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

ONE LAST BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND..........

What a beautiful weekend!  The weather has been amazing!  It is hard to believe I spent last week freezing in sweaters.  Friday night we went to the LHS Football Game to watch Raelynn cheer/dance.  I have to say......I am not sure that cheering or dancing is in her future but you can judge for yourself!

So as you can see it gave us a few good laughs but Raelynn had so much fun.  It is a fun thing for the kids to do. 



Coop happy to watch his sis cheer! (Truth is happy to be watching football!)


Saturday was a crazy busy day but I managed to get the house clean which was on the top of my list.  I started the day with a run on the treadmill in our new workout room.  We are finishing our basement slowly one room at a time but the workout room is finished!  Thanks Terry!  We had a PSA recording for the foundation at 9am and then home to get ready for soccer at noon.  That was a little frustrating much as the entire season has been.  I suppose it is the age but it is hard to watch.  Raelynn has a blast and loves it but I don't feel like she puts forward much effort or really cares whether she wins or looses.  Anyway, to a competitive Mom like me, it is like slow torture.  Anyway, we have the winter to regroup and we will see if she still chooses to play in the spring.  After soccer we headed to a play date with friends, Ian and Henry.  The kids had a great time and their Mom and I got to chat as well which was really nice.  I sometimes forget what it's like to just sit and chat with another Mom and share ideas.  It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.  We washed and vacuumed the car after that and then headed home for some hard core cleaning.  The kids were fantastic all day. 

Today we slept in until 7:30am or so.  We got up and I started making some fun breakfast cinnamon rolls.  Today could not have began any better as Raelynn was in the living room watching cartoons. As I was putting the rolls in the oven she says, "Mom, when you get breakfast started could you snuggle with me for a couple minutes?"  She didn't have to ask twice and that is pretty much how the whole day went.  After breakfast we got ready and headed to church.  The weather was incredible.  We took a trip to the park and rode bikes and scooters this afternoon.  Aunt Karli was here as well so we shared some good laughs and quality time together.  It really was what weekends are suppose to be all about.  I just wish I had just one more day to do it all over again. 

1 comments:

The Dukes said...

We LOVED having a chance to play and get to know the Keefers! Thanks so much for penciling us into your busy weekend!