CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

DECEMBER CRAZINESS!

I absolutely love this time of year.  Regardless that it is absolutely packed with things to do, it is awesome.  Having kids just makes it that much more fun!

Sunday, Cooper and Raelynn had their Horse Show Awards Banquet.  They both placed and received some awesome prizes including spurs for Raelynn.  I think I am going to have to accept that these horse competitions are going to be a part of our life because the kids are so into it.  They have a Junior club within the circuit that is ran by the youth with just a couple adult sponsors to watch over them.  On Sunday night at the banquet they announced that the youth were meeting over on the side to elect their officers.  Raelynn got right up and headed over there.  Now we have never done anything with this group and I didn't even know what it was about so I followed her over.  Raelynn has seen how meetings are conducted from time to time just because of Cooper's Cause but the girl just jump right in.  She nominated her cousin for one position and then when they asked for a representative for the 9 and under, she nominated herself.  It was pretty funny.  So she and this older girl were who were being voted on and she only lost by 1 vote which is just crazy since she is just new to all of this and the other girl was much older.  Anyway, she was disappointed but I assured her I was just proud that she wanted to be involved.  She was really disappointed when she found out her own brother chose not to vote and if he had it would have been a tie and then they would have given a speech and she was convinced she would have won them over!  So the elections continued and for VP Raelynn didn't vote and it was a tie.  They had the girls give a short speech and the Raelynn placed her vote.  In my opinion she chose the right one as she was well spoken and had ideas and plans to carry out throughout the year.  When we were headed home I expressed to Raelynn that I was impressed with her choice as I too thought the girl she chose what the best choice.  Raelynn responds, "Yea she was the tallest, that is why I chose her.  I really had no idea what she was talking about but I had to choose one so I picked the tallest!"  My pride was crushed but laughter filled its placed and just reminded me that she is only 6.



Tuesday night was Raelynn's Winter Music Program.  Last year she barely sang and I expected the same this year but I was pleasantly surprised.  The girl sang the whole time and was soooo animated!  Hopefully you can see some of it in the videos and pics below!  Oh and by the way, we had quite the entertainment before the show too............





0 comments: