CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 31, 2011

BEST WEEKEND EVER..............

Yesterday I took Coop to see the amazing Dr. Kelley for his 4 year well check.  I call him the amazing Dr. Kelley because we truly love the man. I contribute both my kids health to him! We were scheduled to see him on Wednesday but Dr. Kelley was sick so they rescheduled us to Thursday and then after he still being sick we waited until Friday.  After 2 days of being sick, he was still the sweet wonderful doctor he always is. Coop loves to see him and looks forward to completely disassembling his otoscope and then putting it back together which Dr. Kelley allows him to do each visit.  Coop's check up was great.  He weighs a big 30lbs and is 38.5 in tall!!!  Even though he has only gained 2lbs in the past year he has made huge strides.  Dr. Kelley was pleased and assured me our goal is for Coop to maintain his weight and we will worry about "beefing" him up when we get closer to his next surgery.  As I ran this morning I was thinking about our past year and could not help but be amazed by how things have changed for us.  I was thinking back to Coop's first 2 1/2 years when we were consumed by every little illness Coop got and with every surgery he had.  We spent countless sleepless hours giving him feedings through NG tubes and medications and just trying to keep him comfortable.  While we were doing that we were trying to keep things normal for Raelynn, keep our jobs and run normal lives.  But now, now everything is so "normal".  Coop doesn't seem so fragile and both the kids just seem like kids.  I tell you it is wonderful!!!  I have the greatest family ever and the truth is none of us would be who we are if we hadn't been through everything we have so I am greatly for it all!!!

After Coop's visit with Dr. Kelley we had to stop at the pharmacy to pick up some medicine.  Our pharmacy is wonderful as well.  Our pharmacist, Marvin, had purchased the tree that Cooper's Cause had made for the Festival of Trees.  Marvin wanted to have a picture with Coop in front of his tree!  My little celebrity!


So today we are doing nothing and everything together which is going to be a great day!!!!  So far I have slept in (6am :) ) then went for a run and now have just finished watching Cars 2!  I guess it's about time for a snack and more doing nothing  and everything with my kids!  This should be the perfect end to 2011 and a great start to 2012!

0 comments: