CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

MY KIDS ARE HILARIOUS...........

Conversation on the way home..........

I was complaining to the kids about how cold it got when the sun went down.  Raelynn responds, "Man up Mom! It's not even cold!"  This isn't the first time she has told me to "Man up" and if that wasn't funny enough Coop immediately says, "That is not cool Sissy, you shouldn't talk to Mommy like that!"  We all cracked up!  I love that my baby boy is already looking out for his Mommy!

On Monday we were at the grocery store.  I guess the kids had been at home a few too many days because they were being crazy wild at the store which is something I do not allow.  After I had "redirected" Cooper several times I was done.  When I get really frustrated with the kids I kneel down, look at them face to face and scold them in nearly a whisper.  This keeps us from making a scene in public and the kids have came to learn that this is when it is time to calm down.  As I was face to face with Cooper scolding him I noticed that he was doing everything he could to keep from smiling.  He was biting his bottom lip, putting his hands in his pockets and looking down which I do not allow, I make them look at me eye to eye.  The harder he tried not to smile the faster the smile began to spread across his face and the next thing I knew I was doing everything I could not to smile.  It didn't take long before we were both laughing.  Trying so very hard to control my laughter, I continue to tell Cooper "This is not funny!" With his adorable little smirk and cute voice he says, "Then why are you laughing Mommy?" I told him I didn't know why I was laughing but they had to calm down and then I proceeded to set him in the cart where he had no choice but to be good.  As Raelynn walked by Coop she throws him a glance and says, "Who's laughing now!"  I tell 'ya, between Coop's humor and Raelynn's wittiness it is going to be a miracle if I can continue to raise them to be good, polite children!

So we started back to school this morning and both Raelynn and I and Terry and Coop made it to school early which is short of a miracle! Both kids were exhausted tonight which made for a easy bedtime. Luckily we have a pretty easy finish to the week and then more fun for the weekend.

0 comments: