CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

AN EASY PEASY LEMMON SQUEEZY WEEK......

This week has been sooooo easy.  We haven't had too much going on and the kids have been wonderful.  Last night Raelynn did EVERYTHING and wasn't asked to do any of it.  The kids have been so helpful that we have had some time before bed to just snuggle or play a game and I think they are enjoying that.  It may even be motivation to continue!  Wouldn't that be great?!!

Saturday Raelynn had her first Cheer class and loved it!  It seems that Raelynn hasn't really found anything that she really loved as far as extra curricular type things.  She lives for the summer when she can do the horse shows and we swim year round but other sports she just hasn't really embraced.  She has been asking to take dance for a couple years but I just haven't really done it because, one, it is very expensive and two, the girl has no rhythm :).  Anyway, about 8 months ago she starting asking to take a cheer class.  I hadn't pursued it too much until recently when she started really talking about it.  So anyway, we went to a class on Saturday to see what she thought.  She was in a class of kids about a year or more younger than her but it was the only beginner class there was.  I was concerned about this as the social aspect is always a big deal to her.  She came running out of the class saying, "Yes, Mom, I love it can I keep taking class?"  So we are signed up and taking classes.  It is a whole different world and much more on the side of dance.  I had to laugh as I listened to some of the veteran parents talk about the outfits, hair, make up and competitions.  So needless to say this could be interesting if her interest continues.

Sunday Raelynn's swim coach started a new class where the parents could participate in team practice along with the kids.  I love this idea and I always want to get back into swimming but can never find the time.  So now on Sunday afternoons Raelynn and I have swim team practice together.  It was a great workout and Raelynn loved having me in the water too.  Sometimes we are doing drills with the kids and sometimes the adults and kids are split.  I think we are really going to enjoy it.  It also gives me a chance to be in the water when Raelynn needs a little bit of encouragement to finish a drill.

Coop will start soccer back up this weekend.  He has been moved up with the bigger kids and I am excited to see how he does.  He's such a "go getter"!  It will be fun to watch him progress and I can only hope he gets to continue playing. 

Terry's sister brought this picture to me this week.  This is the first "baby" picture of Terry we have every seen.  I guess being the 4th child and an accident has it's disadvantages, heeheehee.  Anyway, I about fell over when I saw the resemblance between he and Coop.  I knew they looked alike but I had no idea how much until a I saw this. 

Irene Miskimen, Jay Baker, Ronnie Lineberry, Cliff Lineberry, John Newman holding Terry Keefer


0 comments: