CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THINGS ARE COASTING ALONE.............

2012 has started pretty laid back for us which is fantastic!  The kids seem to have less activities going on right now but it is really just a rearrangement of activities.  I used to like to try to get all extracurricular activities done during the week so we had our weekends but I am finding out that having them on the weekends is so much easier and makes our weekdays a lot more low key. 

Coop has been playing soccer since September and loves it.  He is a good little player (I know, all parents think this :) ) and so competitive.  It might be the difference between and girls and boys or maybe just the difference between Raelynn and Cooper but Coop is so much easier to watch play.  He is constantly in the mix and working to get the ball and loves to score of course.  Well this semester they have moved him up and he is now playing with the 5 year olds.  They thought he needed the challenge.  Saturday was his first practice and he was super excited.  He was doing awesome, holding his own and even scored a goal.  Remember these other kids are a year older than Coop and tower him.  Well Coop didn't like that he wasn't scoring constantly and before I knew it he came running over to me crying because he wasn't getting the ball.  I was so shocked because he is such a laid back kid I had never experienced anything like this with him.  Besides that, I thought he was doing fantastic.  The practice was much harder than he had last semester and all the kids were good but he was too.  I found myself a little lost for words as his actions were so unexpected.  I told him to get back out there and play as a team, it did not matter who scored it was a team sport!  One of the coaches was right on it as well and came over scooping Coop up and taking him back out on the court.  The rest of the practice/scrimmage Coop was half crying but never stopped playing.  It was hilarious, he was sniffling and had a pouty lip out but continued to push himself through all the other boys to get to the ball.  Needless to say we have talked a lot about team play and doing your best and working hard over the past few days.  He seems to better understand but I can only hope we do not have the same reaction this week.  On the way home I told him I didn't understand why he was so upset because he was playing amazingly.  He responded, "I didn't win!"  Knowing that his team did win even though we are not suppose to keep score I said, "Coop your team did win!"  He said, "Well I didn't know that!"  I think I might have a competitor on my hands!

So while Coop was playing soccer, Raelynn was at Cheer.  Now this was a new experience for me and one I didn't like.  See Raelynn had Cheer and noon on one side of town and Coop had soccer on the opposite side of town at the same time.  Therefore, I dropped Raelynn off at her class 15 minutes early and then left to take Coop.  I did not like leaving her one little bit.  I was sick to my stomach.  I left her with a cell phone and we went over all the rules and scenarios you could ever imagine.  Raelynn was perfectly fine with it but I was struggling.  Because of everything that happened at soccer, they ran a little late and then I had to talk to the coaches for a second so I was 20 minutes late picking Raelynn up.  I had told her I would be about 15 minutes late.  We were just getting in the car when my phone rang.  It was Raelynn and she said, "Hi Mom!"  "Are you doing ok sweetie, I'm on my way." "Oh yea, I'm fine there is just a guy here who thought I should call you."  Yep that's me, "Mother of the Year!"  I felt horrible!  I guess one of the other parents asked Raelynn if she had a phone, she told him she did and he suggested she call me.  She said she knew I was going to be late but just called to make the guy feel better.  We talked the entire way until I got there.  I hugged her forever to which she replied, "Mom, I'm 6, I can sit and wait for you for a few minutes!"  She is getting so big and so grown up but I still told Terry that he was going to have to take an hour off on Saturdays to run one of the kids because I couldn't do all that again.  When I initially enrolled Raelynn in this class Coop played soccer at 11am and I knew I could make it all work, but when they bumped him up to noon as well I knew I was in trouble.  Anyway, all in all it worked out but for my own peace of mind I think we will not be doing that again!

Sunday Coop attended his best friends birthday party and had so much fun.  It is just so crazy to me how fast he is growing up.  There are parts that seem like a century ago but there are also so many things that seem like just yesterday.  Coop and his buddy get along so well and had a blast bowling!


Other than that life has been pretty basic which I am enjoying.  I have been spending much of my time setting up my new MacBookMacBook".  I didn't really understand and just dismissed it until I received another email regarding "my purchase".  The thought popped into my mind that maybe he ordered it but them I just felt bad for even thinking it.  I couldn't quit thinking about it though and then started to get excited.  I was trying not to be because I felt so selfish.  I called Karli and asked her and when she told me she didn't know I could tell she was lying!!!  Minutes later she text me a picture of it and told me to call Dad I was so shocked and excited I cried.  It is an unbelievable gift!  I am not sure he understands what a big deal it was to me but I know he knows I appreciate it.  It is absolutely wonderful and super fast!

The other excitement this week has been that Raelynn convinced Coop to take showers instead of baths and now he showers without help.  This makes bath/shower time so much quicker but another sign of how big my little boy is getting.  The other is that Coop loves doing laundry.  He is a master sorter and now puts the clothes in the washer.  Sunday he even worked on getting them in the dryer.....we are still working on just putting clothes in the dryer!

0 comments: