CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SICK DAY.......

Today did not go as planned but was much better than I had ever expected.  I got back from the gym this morning to Raelynn lying on her bed saying she didn't feel good.  I let her stay in bed while I showered and then checked in on her.  She seemed to be feeling a little better but was not herself.  She had no fever and her eyes didn't look sick which are the two things I look for in both of my kids as they always have a fever when they are sick and their eyes look horrible. The truth is I probably would have kept her home just to see but Tom is in L.A. and Valerie would be at the office by herself and I didn't want that.  In retrospect, not one of my best parenting moves.  Anyway,  I read to the kids at school as we do every morning and as I dismissed them I asked Raelynn how she was feeling.  She said better and went on her way to class.  I had told her sweet teacher she was being a little meek and to call if she got to feeling worse.  I headed to work and at 8:50am my cell rang and it was Raelynn's teacher, she had thrown up in class.  I felt horrible for her and was mad at myself for sending her to school in the first place.  This is when being a working Mom and trying to balance being a good Mom and a good employee is impossible!!!  Anyway, I got her home and situated on the couch. I quickly got myself situated to work from home and got busy.  Now this is one of the amazing things about today's technology, I can do everything I do at work right here at home AND I have little interruptions.  The day turned out to be amazing.  I got some things done at work that I have had pending for far too long.  I got so caught up on both work and the foundation I am actually going to bed as soon as I finish this post, note it is only 9:40pm!!!!  That's awesome!!! I also snuck in a little snuggle time here and there with cuddly Raelynn.  So a day that started out a little hectic turned into one of the most productive days yet!!!  Makes working from home a day each week look really appealing!!!  (Just joking Tom!!!! :) )  Raelynn is doing just fine tonight and ready to be back to her normal self tomorrow.  A successful day all the way around!

0 comments: