CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 4, 2012

WHAT A WEEK.......

When you are completely drained and only thinking about the weekend by the start of Monday you know it is going to be a long week.  That is how this past week was.  I have to say I haven't had one like this in a long time.  There was a lot of stuff going on that was upsetting/stressful for me but eventually the week ended.  Wednesday night we did get to go to the KU/Oklahoma game which was fun.  The kids picture got put on the overhead screen 4 times so that game us all a smile.



Finally Saturday arrived and I was soooo thankful.  I had the whole day planned and was looking forward to getting caught up and spending some time with the kids.  Unfortunately Raelynn woke up on the wrong side of the bed and made the day impossible.  She was crying at everything and couldn't comply with any request.  At 11:30am Karli took her to Cheer and I took Coop to soccer.  That is always fun as I got to watch our little Coop hold his own.  Right after that we headed to KC to return a bridesmaid dress for Steph.  Then we got back home in just enough time for me to change clothes and then Terry and I headed to a funeral for a wonderful man.  As I left I gave the kids strict instructions about what I expected to be done why I was gone and for them to be good for Aunt Karli.  I wished Karli good luck and we headed out the door.  The funeral was very touching and sad.  As I sat and listened to so many people speak about  what a wonderful man had passed I just realized I needed to just go home, take a deep breath and be thankful for my wonderful family.  We got home and Raelynn met me at the door with a gift and a note.  The note read, "I am sorry I ruined your day.  I love you Mommy!"  Wow, tears came to my eyes as I picked her up and hugged her.  "Any day spent with you is not a ruined day, I love you!" I told her.  I guess between the funeral and my emotional week, reading that from my 6 year old made the tears surface again and also reminded me how much she understands and how sensitive she is.  The gift she had wrapped was a friendship bracelet she made for me, which I have worn all evening.  So we snuggled the rest of the night and both Raelynn and Coop went to bed happy just as I too will.

Why we snuggled we watched the KU/Missouri game.  We were talking about the rivalry and Raelynn says, "Why don't they like us, because they want to eat our bird?"  I had to chuckle because I guess she's kind of right.  While we were watching the game Coop decided to play catch with Dad with a pair of rolled up socks.  He was throwing really far and as he runs to get the socks he says, "That was an awesome throw." Then as he walks back in the living room he says, "I know I am a good thrower!"  Well I guess maybe we need to stop complimenting the boy!!!

So tomorrow is a new day and I welcome it.  I am going to kiss my babies good night, go pout about the KU game and get ready for a week that is sure to be better than the last!

0 comments: