CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

So another week has passed and it was a good one!  Last weekend, as I already posted, Raelynn and I were gone all weekend and Dad and Coop hung out.  They had a great time and Dad even made sure Coop made it to a Cinco De Mayo party and a Birthday Party.  I think they were pretty worn out by the time we got back home.


Last week was Teacher Appreciation Day at Raelynn's School.  We made cookies, cards and took flowers on various days.  Coop was feeling a little left out so he too took cookies and cards to his teachers.  We have been so fortunate to have outstanding teachers for both the kids and it is an honor to give a little back.  The kids love it as well.  This year Raelynn had a whole list of teachers to deliver flowers to and it was so much fun watching her pick out the perfect flower for each one.

Thursday was transition day.  This is a day the kids get to move up to the next grade to meet the teachers and get a brief of what they will see next year.  When I picked Raelynn up she was talking so fast I could hardly keep up.  She has her 1st and 2nd pick for teachers already but realizes it is just the luck of the draw.  Regardless, she is super excited for next year!  Thursday was a big day for Coop as well.  It was his first Art Show.  We love the FPCP Art Show.  They display on the art work the kids have been working on and they have a silent auction for each room on a project the kids have worked on.  When Raelynn was there we always bought one of the pieces so we had to get Coop's as well.  We bought an awesome abstract piece.  Coop was pretty excited and I loved it.  They also have a book fair at the same time so of course we got a few books as well.  It was a fun evening!


About midweek we spent another day at home with Raelynn.  She has been fighting stomach aches.  We have been to the doctor and we initially started with allergies but have treated that and still have the stomach ache.  We now are looking more at an acid reflux type issue or digestive problems.  Unfortunately on Wednesday she ran a fever as well.  We spent the whole day at home and by the next day she still had a little stomach ache but was good to go.  We had some friends suggest Aloe and so we are giving that a shot and so far so good.  I researched Aloe quite a bit and it truly seems to be a miracle drug.  I am not sure if it will solve my little girls problems but it is certainly worth a try!  One good thing did come of my day at home with a sick little one.  Our bank has introduced eDeposit and it is like an answer to my prayers.  This is no joke, I simple scan a picture of the check I wish to deposit and tada the check is in your bank!  It is awesome.  They have a mobile app coming soon and with that you just take a picture of the check and it's done.  I absolutely love technology!!!!!!  This means trips to the bank will be cut down to next to never!!!

Besides eDeposit making me week pretty exciting I also won a contest I didn't even know I was entering. I listen to a Christian radio station, KLove, quite often.  During the time I am picking Coop up from preschool they have this session on "Blessings in Disguise".  One night last week I logged on to their web page before going to bed to see if they had any of the stories I had heard them share.  Well they didn't have them listed but there was a link you could share your "Blessing in Disguise".  I kind of chuckled because I have often said Coop was a blessing in disguise.  I found myself typing our story in a very condensed version.  The next day as I was picking Coop up on KLove I hear the DJ say they have a winner for the day and that this story is so touching she had no problem selecting it as the true blessing in disguise story for the day.  She went on to read what I had submitted the night before.  I could hardly believe it and tears rolled down my face.  I think sometimes when I hear our story it doesn't even seem like it is ours.  We have been blessed over and over again and we have been given the most amazing friends and family anyone could ask for.  It was really an honor to be selected.  That night I received an email from a man in Indiana whose Grandson was having surgery for a heart defect on Friday and he had heard our story on KLove.  I offered him some encouraging words and just thanked God again for the way he works in our lives.

Friday was an early Mother's Day treat for me.  Coop's school had Mother's Day Tea.  It was fantastic.  He treated me to Strawberry Shortcake, a flower and a story.  We had a good time and it is just fun to be in the classroom with him!

This is exactly how it looked when it arrived!


This passed weekend was great.  Friday night we headed to Manhattan for Steph's graduation at 8:30am Saturday.  Her graduation lasted forever but it was great.  I am so proud of her and become prouder every day.  I was 15 years old when Steph was born and she has always held a very special place in my heart.  We have went from being sisters with a wide age range to best friends in adulthood.  I would have never guessed how our lives would go but I am sure enjoying it!  I am very proud of you Steph and cannot wait to be a part of your next stage of life!

After graduation was over we treated Mom to an early Mother's Day Outing.  She often takes us on shopping sprees for our birthdays so we decided to take her on a shopping spree for Mother's Day.  So Steph, Karli and I headed to the mall.  We had a great time and Mom ended up with 2 dresses and a shirt. I think she had a good time and I know the 3 of us girls had a wonderful time just us and our Mom.  Thank you Mom for all you do for us!  I love you!

Today was an awesome Mother's Day!  My day began with breakfast in bed made by my beautiful daughter.  Coop woke up just in time to snuggle a little with me before my breakfast arrived.  After breakfast I was given a map for a scavenger hunt to find my presents.  It was pretty cute.  Once I did find my gift I found sooooo many beautiful crafts made by Cooper and Raelynn.  It was perfect!  After that we  went to church and then spent the day together doing "Sunday" things like washing cars, planting flowers and eating Orange Leaf :)  Terry and Karli both treated me to beautiful flowers as well which I loved!!!  Karli included such a loving card that even made me shed a tear or two which just made the day a little more special.  She also cooked me a spaghetti dinner.  It was delicious and I didn't have to cook it!  The day was perfect and I know I am the luckiest Mom ever!




0 comments: