CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 6, 2012

BRIDAL SHOWER DONE.....

Another weekend checked off the list!  This weekend was Steph's Bridal Shower and Lingerie Party in Scott City.  I think Steph had a great time again this weekend.  This time Karli, Raelynn and I were the three that went back and Terry and Coop stayed home.  Boy have I missed them!  Coop's smiling face and silliness is something I need daily.  I can't wait to see him in a few hours.

Our celebrations started on Saturday morning at the church Steph and Cody are getting married at.  They had a nice shower for her.  Then we headed to the house and started preparing for the Bridal Shower.  Karli made sooooo much wonderful food and I was sure we had more food than necessary but every bit of it was ate by the end of the evening.  We started with the Bridal Shower and then moved right into the lingerie party which was absolutely hysterical.  Steph is so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family.



The lingerie party got a little funny!
Last week went by so fast.  Raelynn had her "Bridging Ceremony" for Daisy's.  This is the ceremony they have when they move from Daisy's to Brownies.  So we now have a Brownie Girl Scout :)  I actually really love what she is learning and doing in this organization.  She absolutely loves it and as long as they don't make me go camping with them, I completely support her enthusiasm.

On Thursday Karli graduated from the Citizen's Academy in Topeka.  Its a 13 week program that she went through that was like a modified police academy.  She of course loved it and they had a wonderful ceremony for them.

Raelynn also lost 2 more teeth!  We had tried so hard to keep those two front teeth in for the wedding but one was just too loose.  Raelynn lost the first one at school.  A few days later the second was completely loose and bleeding.  Unfortunately it was holding on a little tight.  It was just hanging there and she had tried to pull it but couldn't.  She asked me if I would which is a completely awful thought to me.  She was so desperate though and it hurt.  So I agreed and pulled the tooth.  I was so grossed out I made Raelynn laugh.  By the time it was over she was assuring me she was alright.  It was kind of funny!

We also had another heart warming story regarding Cooper's Cause.  One of our friends had a garage sale this past weekend and their daughter had a lemonade stand.  When the day was over she told them she wanted to donate her earnings to Cooper's Cause!  Every time a child does something like this I am just blown away.  I love that kids have such a passion to help and I love that Cooper's Cause can give them a way to do that.  Thank you Emma!

Well we are on our way back home!  Another long trip but I am really learning to use these trips to catch up.  Thank goodness for technological advancements!!!  This next week will be another fun and adventurous one I am sure.  Friday night we will head to Manhattan for Steph's graduation at 8:30am Saturday morning.  Then we are hosting a gathering back at her house to celebrate her graduation.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Thank you for all that you do but.... I'm going to kill you for posting that picture! Love ya!