CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 29, 2012

FIRST CRAZY WEEKEND DONE.....

From now until Steph's wedding is booked solid.  We had a great time this weekend and look forward to the next 5!  Last night we had the Couple's Shower in Manhattan.  I think everyone had a great time.  We made it back to Lawrence about 2am and then were up bright and early to pick up the kids from Aunt Bonnie's.  They had a great time as well which I soooo appreciated.  It is so hard to be without them and I was thrilled to have them home.



Today we had the CCF 4th Annual Bowl-a-thon.  The kids have so much fun at this event and we even made some money which is like a double bonus :)


By the time we made it home and got everything done, we were exhausted.  The kids went to bed early and I think I am even going to try to make it there soon!



Over the past couple weeks I have missed out on posting about a couple things and that is why I get so frustrated when I don't update on a regular basis.  But out of the things I have not posted about, I have one funny and one serious notes to post.......

Friday the kids were with Karli as they did not have school.  About mid day Karli calls me with laughing.  I guess Raelynn and Cooper were playing girlfriend and boyfriend.  Raelynn says to Coop, "you're my boyfriend and you bought me this jacket because that's what boyfriends do."  Karli thought it was hilarious and I was just proud....I am teaching her so well!!!  LOL

I often wonder how you know when it is the right time to talk to your kids about drugs, drinking, sex, etc.  You see commercials all the time saying not to wait and to talk to your kids early and often but of course mine are still young but how does one know when they are old enough.  Last weekend Terry was watching Dateline.  They were doing a special on underage drinking.  They had these groups of kids that were being videoed and their parents were watching.  They set the kids up so circumstances were that the kids were asked to get in a car with a drunk driver and then the idea was to see if they would do it or would refuse as everyone hoped they would.  They had about 6 groups with slightly different scenarios but all the same idea.  I was walking through the living room and the show caught my interest and I sat down to watch a little bit.  Raelynn and Cooper were playing downstairs.  Raelynn came up for something and she too sat down to watch.  She was watching so intently and asking such relevant questions.  She would tell the kids on the TV not to get in the vehicle.  I was simply amazed by the amount of knowledge she already had about drinking and drinking and driving.  The show led us to have quite a conversation about drinking and drugs.  I felt like I was talking to a 12 year old not a 6 year old.  Our conversations was of course appropriate for a 6 year old but the content is just something I would not have thought to already be discussing but obviously she is ready.  I guess this is how one realizes when their kids are ready for such discussions!  I am so proud of how mature Raelynn can be and hope that our open communication can last throughout her teen years!

1 comments:

Michelle Flagg said...

Great pictures, especially the two from the couples shower! Fun to see all four of you girls together in one frame! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.