CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 15, 2012

ANOTHER WEEKEND HERE AND GONE...........

We finally were home for a weekend and it was great but as always could have been longer.  Saturday Steph and Cody came up so we could get Coop's new black boots for the wedding.  We were successful but after soccer and cheer and cleaning the house, it was a long day.  The good news is, Coop played soccer today and had a great time.  We started the spring session which is held outside instead of in the gym.  The first week, which was right before Easter weekend, we arrived at soccer and Coop was having no part in it.  He cried and didn't play at all.  I made him stay and watch his team play.  When we got in the car he informed me that he was just not prepared for it to be outside and yes, he did use the word "prepared".  Anyway, I was a little worried about what this week would hold but he not only played for he was named the player of the week!  This is big stuff in a 4 year old's world!  I was just thrilled he played willingly.

Today we went to church, finished cleaning the house and then finally got some time to have fun together.
Mid afternoon the kids and I headed outside.  We started off playing tennis but with the crazy wind we weren't doing so well.  We then turned to baseball, of course.  It was so funny to watch Coop and Raelynn play.  They were competing for a piece of candy of all things.  I would pitch, one would hit and the other would try to catch it and get them out.  It was hilarious because they would get to laughing and then no one could do anything.  When Raelynn would hit the ball Coop would get it and then take off as hard as he could and instead of just touching her out, he would tackle her.  When it was Raelynn's turn to get Coop out, Coop would run and dive into home base.  We all had a great time.  Then it was in to for movie time.  Snacks and Dolphin Tale was a perfect end to the day.  Coop and Raelynn had already had a snack and were watching the movie.  I finished up some laundry and a few things and then got myself a little snack.  Coop comes in the kitchen while I was getting it and he says, "Mmmmm can I have some?"  I told him he had his snack already and this was mine.  A few seconds later he says, "Mom are you going to eat that in the living room?"  "Yes", I replied.  "Can I snuggle with you" he said in the sweetest voice but I knew the real translation was, "then can I sit on your lap so I can take a little of your snack from time to time!"  Regardless, I wasn't going to pass up the time with my adorably sweet boy!

Well another week in front of us and then another weekend we will be home before 5 in a row that we will be gone :(  I love our time at home!  I love my time with my kids!

0 comments: