CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIRTY UNDIES AND NO PANTS.........


I often question what is appropriate to post here and what is not but remember, I use this blog as a journal for the kids.  I think when they are my age they will love looking back on the funny things they said and did.  Therefore, if you feel the following story is borderline, please remember how funny it will be for Coop to read it when he is raising his own kids!

Last night we had swimming lessons just like we do every Monday night.  Coop takes his swim bag and changes at Mary Beth’s before I pick him up.  Not very often, but once in a great while he leaves something behind at Mary Beth’s and this is what happened last night.  The kids got done swimming and we were in the locker room changing out of their wet suits.  Raelynn had already changed and was just waiting for Coop who I was helping.  I emptied his swim bag and his shorts he had worn that day were not there.  I told him he must have forgotten his shorts at Mary Beth’s.  He instantly looked completely upset.  I handed him his undies and told him to get them on.  He started to put them on and then stopped and handed them back to me and whispers, “I must not have wiped very good.”  I looked at his undies and there were 2 small poo stains.  I confirmed he must not have and then reviewed the importance of wiping well.  I handed the undies back to him and again asked him to put them on.  His eyes swelled with tears and he refused.  I told him he had no option, he had no clean undies and no pants so he had to put them on.  As he is crying and slowly putting them on he says to me….”This is hoomilating (humiliating)!  I cracked up and told him no one would know.  He put on the T-shirt he had worn that day, I collected everything and headed out the door of the locker room.  Cooper didn’t move.  I looked at him and said, “Come on Coop.”  He just stood there, tears running down his face and refused to leave because he didn’t have any pants on and dirty undies.  I squatted down face to face with him and explained his T-shirt covered his bottom, he was 4 and no one would notice.  He refused.  I asked him if he wanted me to tie my sweatshirt around him and carry him out.  He shook his head yes.  As I am putting the sweatshirt on him he says in a quivering pathetic voice, “this is the most hoomilating thing that ever happened to me!”  Now as most of you know I am not the most sensitive and sympathetic Mother and this was no exception.  I started laughing so hard I was crying!!!  Raelynn is literally bent over about to pee her pants!  Poor Coop just looks “humiliated” as he keeps trying to tell me!  We finally gather ourselves and I picked him up and headed out of the locker room.  On our way out to the car I ran into someone I knew and we stopped to exchange greetings.  As we are talking Coop so very politely whispers in my ear, “Mommy, remember my undies, we have to go!”  We get out to the car and I take my sweatshirt off of him and sit him in his car seat.  He arches his back and braces himself and says he isn’t sitting on his car seat with his dirty undies and no pants!  He insists that I put my sweatshirt on his car seat.  I guess it was ok to sit on my sweatshirt in his dirty undies and no pants!  We finally made it home and he ran to the shower! It was all way too funny not document somewhere :).  One thing I am sure of, Coop will wipe his bottom side much better from now on!  Another fun day being a Mom! 

0 comments: