CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July Week......

What a quick week!  Of course Monday and Tuesday seemed to last forever but then Wednesday arrived and we had a day off in the middle of the week!  The 4th was a pretty great day.  I started with a hard workout with some friends, followed by making homemade blueberry muffins and then pool time with the kids all afternoon.  We finished up with fireworks at the park but we were all exhausted by then.


Tonight the kids and I are headed out west again this time with Aunt Steph.  I love seeing my family but truly despise this drive.  Cassidy's 15th Birthday party is this weekend.  She had called on Monday and invited Raelynn to join in her birthday celebration so we could celebrate both their birthdays with the family.  It should be fun time.  It is hard to imagine Cassidy is 15 but it is also hard to imagine Raelynn is 7!

This week Coop has been a little fire ball!  He and Raelynn, in general, get along so well.  However when Raelynn gets a little tired she also gets a little sensitive.  This week she spent most of the time "tired" and Coop had fun with that.  One night on the way home Coop was making some sort of noise.  Raelynn says, "Mom, Cooper is annoying me."  I respond like most loving parents, "Raelynn just ignore him."  So Raelynn was trying to ignore him which made him even more eager to annoy her.  Finally it started to annoy me so I said, "Coop that's enough, stop annoying your sister."  To which our ornery Cooper replies while laughing, "Ok, but it's so funny!!!!"  I think I find Coop so hilarious because that is the stuff I used to do to my sister all the time.

On Thursday there was a grass fire in Lawrence, It got pretty close to some houses and was a pretty big deal.  On our way home I asked the kids if they had heard about the fire by Langston Hughes.  Raelynn had not heard and Coop was more informed about it that I was.  He went into great detail about how the people were evacuated and how the firefighters wet down the roofs of houses and on and on.  I asked him how he knew all that and he said they watched it at Mary Beth's.  It was awesome for him to sound like a little reporter!

Cooper has became so much more independent lately as well.  Coop still struggles a little with wetting the bed at night time.  As long as I wake him up around 1am he is good but he just doesn't wake up on his own.  So Wednesday night the kids didn't got to bed until 11pm so I thought it would be silly to wake him a few hours later so I didn't.  About 2:30am I woke up to several lights on.  I got up and there Cooper was.  He had changed his PJs, had a towel and wash cloth out that he had wiped himself down with, had all the wet clothes were in a neat pile and he was in his room stripping his bed.  When I enters the room he said, "I got a little wet."  I told him I would take care of the rest and to go crawl in bed with Daddy.  I wondered if he would have actually put everything in the wash if I hadn't woke up. He is just such a cutie.



0 comments: