CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

SUMMER TIME........

I love long summer days but boy do they make the night time when I usually do all my work short.  This week the kids have VBS and have not been getting home until 9pm and then by the time we do showers and the bed routine it is 10pm before we are tucking them in!  That means I have had little time to do all the stuff I do after they go to bed but we sure are having a good time.  I actually dread school starting and the days getting shorter.  I love every second I get with them so if I can steal a couple extra at night it is great.

Things have going just a usual and everyone is keeping plenty busy.  Coop is doing great and still playing blast ball and soccer and loves them both.  He gets so hot and sweaty but didn't seem to mind it.        Every day Coop seems to be getting a little bigger, a little wiser and a little older; not to mention a little cuter as well.  Tonight when he got back from VBS we were talking about something he was trying to tell his VBS teacher during song time.  He was saying how she didn't hear him and he says, "I asked her 2 or 3 times Mom but she never responded to me."  It makes me laug she I hear him say words that I consider too big for him like "responded".  Last night as I tucked him in and mentioned that his legs were getting longer he said, "I am growing up but even when I get big I will snuggle with you, don't worry Mommy, I will always love you."  It was awesome.  I just hope he always feels that way.  The other night Raelynn, Coop and I were eating dinner.  All the sudden Raelynn says, "You know Mom Coop doesn't need his booster anymore."  I let her know he did because he was still small.  I looked at Coop and asked him what he thought.  He told me he didn't think he needed his booster at the table anymore either.  He had a huge smile on his face.  Being the Mom that I always am and being determined to show them that I am right, I said, "Ok, Coop get up", and I proceeded to remove his booster from his chair.  He crawled back up on the chair and guess what?  HE DIDN'T NEED THE BOOSTER SEAT ANYMORE!  I almost started to cry.  He could see my disappointment but he was soooo proud.  So I guess I am just going to have to accept that my baby boy is grow up fast.







Raelynn is doing great as well.  She continues to get wittier day by day.  As we drove home after work at the other day she starts giving Coop and I her "running for president" speech.  She says "Vote Raelynn for President and I will make sure you don't have to pay taxes, your money will not go to taxes.  And I will have health care for everyone!"  Now not only was this funny because she was bellowing it out just like a presidential ad but what really shocked me was that she knew about these issues.  When I asked her if she even knew what taxes were she sad, "Yea it's what you pay every time you buy something."  I asked her what she knew about health care and her response what equally accurate, "Yes Mom, health care is all the stuff the takes care of Cooper's heart defects and my teeth and no one can agree who should pay for it."  I asked her where she learned this stuff and her response, "The news Mom, I don't just watch Disney XD!"  Oh when did my little seven year old get so smart and Oh how I am going to have to start reading up on my politics."

This week we are dog sitting for Steph because they are finally working on moving into their new house.  The kids LOVE dog sitting Gus.  He really is an easy to take care of but he keeps messing things up.  Tonight when we got home this was how we found Raelynn's bed and of course, when we left this owning it was a perfectly made bed!


Earlier this week I received the following email and I was so taken back by it I couldn't help but share.....


 Just askin'

          Me: God, can I ask you a question?

         God: Sure.

          Me: Promise you won't get mad.

          God: I promise.

          Me: Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?

          God: What do you mean?

          Me: Well, I woke up late.

          God: Yes.

          Me: My car took forever to start.

          God: Okay.

          Me: At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.

          God: Huummm.

          Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call.

          God: All right.

          Me: And on top of it all, when I got home I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't 
         work!!!   Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

          God: Let me see, the Death Angel was at your bed this morning and I had
          to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

          Me: (humbled): OH...

         GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

          Me: (ashamed)

         God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

          Me: (embarrassed): Ok...

          God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going
          to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let
          you talk to them so you would be covered.

          Me: (softly) I see God.

          God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw
          out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to
          be in the dark.

          Me: I'm sorry God.

          God: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.....in all things, the good and the bad.

         Me: I will trust you.

         God: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan.

          Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.

          God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God, and I
          love looking after my children.

I used to always wonder why God let bad things happen but since I have had children I never think like that anymore because even with some of the "bad" things that have happened soooo many good things have came from the one little "bad" thing.  But I never really thought about things like this.  Anyway, I hope everyone will think twice when they think they are having a bad day.


0 comments: