CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

COOPER UPDATE...........

Well Mr. Cooper has kept us busy the last couple weeks with worries about bleeding then his weight but on Friday we forgot about it all and celebrated.  We had his follow up appointment with cardiology from his December surgery.  The report was amazing.  Coop is doing fantastic and the surgery was very successful.  Coop is right on the leading edge of some amazing technology.  What they are doing for him now through cardiac catheters was not even possible 2 short years ago.  In fact, Coop has been the guinea pig for some new procedures.  Anyway, on Friday, his cardiologist said there is a chance, no promises but a chance, that Cooper will never have another open heart surgery.  There is a chance that they will be able to do what Coop needs from year to year with a surgical cardiac catheter like they did in December.  Now I know there is no guarantee but to even have a chance that he may never have to endure another open heart surgery is enough to get us pretty excited.  Of course no ones knows for sure  about anything when it comes to Coop but regardless I am so amazed at the advancements that have been made.  


Coop has also been trying to eat more, he is trying so hard.  The boy cannot gain weight and in fact had lost since his December well check.  He does not have any to lose so everyone gets pretty worked up.  We go back in on Thursday for a weight check and we'll see how it looks.  He has been drinking 3 Ensure a day and eating meals so you would think he would have gained some anyway.  

This past weekend we selected the next recipients of funding for CCF.  The families have not been notified yet so I can't spill the beans but I am so excited.  The foundation is amazing and our BOD are wonderful people.  We have recently added another board member and brought on a part time helper to get even more done.  I struggled with having help because I feel like a may have failed a little in keeping up with everything but after having her work for just the past 5 days I can tell you this was a wonderful decision.  We are going to grow, raise more awareness for CHD and provide funding to even more families!!!  Who could ask for anything more!!!

This past weekend Raelynn learned to do laundry, lots of laundry.  Raelynn decided to make a very sarcastic comment about whether I was going to do laundry this weekend or not so I thought it was about time she learn to help out.  She did ALL the laundry from start to finish including folding and putting it away.  Considering she has mentioned at least 3X since then that she will not make that mistake again.


While Raelynn was working, Coop was practicing his silly faces so that the next time I am scolding him he can flash me one in hopes that I will crack up and not be able to continue my scolding......

and unfortunately I must report, it worked!

Today was Raelynn's Valentine's Day Parties at school.  I had signed up to provide snack and for the first time ever I they turned out great.  I got to attend the party for a bit as well over my lunch hour.  I love how much she loves having me there, it makes it so wonderful.  It is also fun because the kids all know me from reading in the mornings and therefore I get lots of attention.  Who wouldn't love that!!??






The rest of the week is just as exciting as the first has been so stay tuned.............

0 comments: