CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2013

PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES......

This past week was the wonderful Parent/Teacher Conferences.  I love conferences.  I love seeing how the kids are progressing, where their strengths are and what they need to work on.  We started Wednesday morning with Coop's.  His teacher is amazing and she spoke so fondly of Cooper.  I love that people see his humor and spirit.  He is doing fantastic and besides have a little friendly competition with his best buddy over a girl, the report was great.  Yes, Coop and his Buddy got in trouble because they were fighting over who was going to protect this certain girl.  If you think that is funny.....the teachers sat Coop and his buddy on a bench after the little episode and told them they had to set there and work things out before they got up.  Later when I inquired about the situation to Cooper he said, "yea we had to sit and talk about it."  "How did that go?" I asked him.  "It was booooring!" Coop said so annoyed by the whole thing.  I couldn't help but grin and give him a hug to which it said, "Stop that Mom!"  I love my little boy!

We did get some very interesting information regarding Coop though.  It seems that Coop cannot comprehend things visually like he can verbally.  As a matter of fact, he gets very frustrated and knows he should know things but just can't quite put it together.  For example, Coop knows his letters and is able to write them but when shown a chart of his letters that was all mixed up and asked to point at a A he could not do it.  He apparently got very frustrated as if he knew he did know it but just couldn't get it to click.  It is too early to tell yet, but we have to ask if we have finally found something that is a result of the brain damage he incurred during his time on ECMO after his 2nd surgery.  If it is, I am just glad we have discovered it early so we can help him learn how to adapt to this.  We plan to work on a few things and see what happens.  He is so smart I know that even if it is a struggle he will learn to adapt and we will be right there helping him.

Thursday was Raelynn's day to shine.  Raelynn has a wonderfully amazing teacher as well and again we got a wonderful report from her.  Raelynn is doing well and really excels in the reading and writing areas which is no surprise considering she spends hours reading and writing in journals.  She loves research papers and is truly loving learning.  She does well in math as well although shows no interest :)  I was so proud of both of them.  They are wonderful kids and I hope I continue to always look forward to conferences.

Other than that last week was just plain busy.  We had so much going on.  Wednesday Aunt Steph was to come and take Raelynn to the Book Fair as Raelynn had invited her.  Unfortunately she couldn't make it because of a work related issue.  When I picked Raelynn up from school she came running with a paper made bouquet of flowers and said, "I made these for Aunt Steph for taking me to the book fair!"  I guess it must have been my face but she knew right away something was wrong.  I explained that Steph couldn't make it and why.  Raelynn tried so hard not to cry but she was so disappointed and there was no one she could hold the tears back.  Luckily, Aunt Steph made up for it all by surprising her the following day with flowers, chocolates, a trip to the book fair and then Orange Leaf.  Needless to say, Raelynn forgave her for the day before.

Valentine's Day was wonderful as always.  The kids started the day with heart shaped doughnuts.  I had packed them special Valentine's Cards in their lunches and then had special Red Velvet Pancakes for dinner.  I was spoiled with beautiful flowers and my favorite candy, licorice.  It was a great day and is always fun with kids around.

Friday night Coop and I went to a birthday party at the Indoor Aquatics Center.  It was fun to watch him interact with his friends.  He is truly adorable and so many people said to me how their son or daughter talks so much about Cooper and how much they like him.  It was a fun but long evening.




The rest of the weekend flew by as always.  Raelynn said tonight as I put her to bed, "I really wish the week was Saturday and Sunday and the weekend was all the other days."  I love her wish!

0 comments: