CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2013

MORE SNOW!?

More snow, more snow days, more fun.....that pretty much wraps up the last few days.  Last Friday Raelynn came to work with me.  She spent the whole day reading, playing the computer, watching movies and drawing.  She really is so good at my office but when the day was over and I asked her how it was her response was BORING B-O-R-I-N-G!  Gotta love it when they learn to spell :)

Friday was also Poho's birthday.  He is 10 years old and the kids made a special cake for him.....


Saturday after soccer friends invited Raelynn and Cooper to spend the night and of course they were super excited to do so.  We postponed our Family Meeting Night for another week and the kids were off.  I love the relationship the kids have with these friends.  It originated with Raelynn and her friend who happens to have a brother on Coop's soccer team that is his age.  So the kids all have became great friends and their parents are fabulous.  They hold many of the same values we do and are just wonderful and fun to be with.  I have mentioned often how it is amazing how our kids have been drawn to other kids whose families we have became friends with.  I never realized how our kids would be such a center point of our friendships but I feel so fortunate that they have been.  Anyway, since the kids were gone Terry and I decided to head to the Lawrence St. Patrick's Day Parade Auction which is always a good time and sometimes even too good :)  Terry left me alone for about 10 minutes and when he returned we had purchased a pop-a-shot.  I really had wanted it but completely unnecessary.  I was a little worried when Terry told me it would never fit in the basement and even more concerned when he asked how we were going to get it home.  Fortunately it broke down and even better it did fit in the basement.  When they kids returned home Sunday, the were super excited at our purchase!


Monday rolled around and with it yet another snow storm.  Yep that's right Tuesday was another snow day!!!  This time the kids were playing away and I decided to make good use of my day and repaint our bathroom, a project I had been trying to do for 2 or 3 weeks.  So the bathroom got painted and the kids had another great day in the snow.

Finally all of the snow has fallen and hopefully that is all for awhile.  The week has seemed a little weird and unstructured but tomorrow is already Friday.  Saturday we are presenting the funds to the 4 families the Cooper's Cause Foundation funded this year.  We awarded $25,500, our biggest funding year yet!!!  It is really hard to describe the feeling I get when we help these families.  It is so satisfying and emotional and exciting!!!  I love the foundation, what it does and even what it has done for us.  My kids understand the concept of giving and helping others and seem to genuinely get what it is all about. To hear Coop talk about his heart surgeries and his foundation is so touching and heart warming.  It is by far one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.  There is no doubt that our family has received more from the foundation than we can ever give back.  We are the most blessed family and I never ever forget that!  With the help of my knew right hand who has came on board with the foundation, I am for the first time really enjoying things.  With her extra help, I am actually able to breathe and not feel like I am constantly behind.  I am so pleased with what she is doing and constantly tell her she is the newest angel in our lives!  So Saturday will be a big day and so much fun and I will definitely be posting again then!!!

0 comments: