CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 3, 2013

EMOTIONAL WEEKEND.........

If you have followed my blog for any time at all you probably know that I treat this blog as my journal. I started this blog after being encouraged to do so by Tom when we found out about Coop's heart defects.  He said it would be a good way to keep everyone up to date.  I thought it was a great idea but it turned into so much more.  At the end of every year, I use a program that converts my blog into a hard back book and I order one for each of the kids.  My idea is that when the kids are older and raising families of their own or if should something happen to me, they will have a journal of everything we did, the thoughts I had and so much more.  That is why I often write with so much description because I want them to know and understand what they mean to me.  Both the kids know that I blog and have even been known to request certain embarrassing situation not be discussed on the blog, and they glance at the books when they come in so today when Raelynn and I stood in line at the grocery store and overheard two ladies talking and one of the ladies was very vocal about how "stupid" it was to waste your time blogging, Raelynn was very offended.  "Why did that lady say blogging was the "st" word?  (We don't say stupid :) )  I smiled and said, "because apparently she does not see the importance of it?" Raelynn gave her best disgusted look and in her most sassy voice said, "Well I guess she doesn't love her kids!"  I couldn't help but laugh and explained that not everyone used the blog the way I did but it sure did make me feel good that she recognized the reason I do.


Saturday morning was amazing! Cooper's Cause Foundation had the annual Presentation of Funds for 4 great families and awarded a total of $25,500!  This was our largest funding year and brought our totals to 11 families, $52,500 in just 4 years!  I cannot tell you how wonderful presenting the funds to these families is.  It's not how the families react to us and the foundation, but rather knowing that we are actually helping them in a big way and knowing that we just passed on a little of love that has been given to us.  It is really hard to explain how this day always makes me feel and as the kids get older and become more involved and understand the whole concept better, it just gets more emotional and more important to me.  The truth is the foundation has given our family more than we will ever be able to give back!  

After the presentation we headed to Coop's last soccer game of the season.  Thanks to some great friends who picked him up from the presentation, he was able to make it for his last game.  We made it in time to get the picture of him getting his medal :)


Saturday evening was our monthly Family Meeting.  This meeting was held at Henry T's so we got to enjoy a little dinner out along with our meeting.  We always point out things we like and things we need to improve on.  This month the things we liked  were our efforts to stay healthy and the snow days :() The things we need to work on are having healthy snacks and thinking of others before making our decisions. I love the things they come up with!  These meetings are really going well.  Our new business was focusing on planning our summer vacation so the planning has began!  This year we are headed to Colorado.  Last year we had to delay this destination but this year nothing is stopping us!

As most know, the subject of death is a very open subject in our house and discussed with no hesitation.  We have always felt it is important to be open with the kids considering the struggles we have had with Coop.  On Saturday at one point in the afternoon Coop said, "Mom do you know you can die in a car accident?"  I acknowledged that I did but inquired why he asked.  "I saw on a show that you can die in a car accident."  Now I don't know where this all came from because at this point we got a little sidetracked.  Raelynn piped in, "Mom, I'm torn because if I die everything is good in heaven with God but I think I would miss being here with my family."  I smiled and said, "I think a lot of people are torn about this but the good thing is we don't chose when we die, God does."  Raelynn laughed and said that was a really good thing to which Cooper responded, "yea that is really good and I am really glad God has chose for me not to die yet and just keeps fixing my heart." "Me too Coop" Raelynn said and off they both ran laughing and playing.  These are the times I am so thankful the kids cannot read what is in my mind or feel the lump in my throat or the knot in my stomach or the fear I push so deep because I love their lack of fear of death and their innocents in discussing it.  I hope they can always hold on to their strength!

Today we heard this morning that my uncle is in the ICU with pneumoniaa and is not doing well.  After church I told Raelynn about it and we discussed pneumoniaa was and so forth.  It was later this afternoon that I had picked up my phone when I heard a text from my Mom with an update.  While I had my phone I checked my email and there was an email from Raelynn.  Now first let me clarify that she does have an email but it is only used between she and those I have chose her to communicate with and it is all ran through my iCloud so I see all emails that come and go from her account.....Anyway..... this is only the 2nd email I have received from her in the 3 months she has had it so I quickly clicked on it to see why she was emailing me when we had been together all day.  The email is posted below:

Sometimes I Whisper

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
—Psalm 46:1

Sent from my iPod

Tears came to my eyes and I couldn't help forwarding it to my family.  How appropriate and how scary that my 7 year old was schooling me on scripture when it was just what I needed as I worried about my uncle and my Mom.  After a while and after I could be sure I wouldn't cry, I asked her why she sent it.  She was very casual and just said, "Oh I get those all the time from my devotional app and like that one and thought you could use that today."  I thanked her and just walked away in amazement.

Her encouragement was also present on Friday.  After a trying day and week in general, Raelynn brought this home to me on Friday.  

So here we are, another wonderful week ahead of us and I am approaching it with a new revitalized attitude.  We are all so fortunate to be given the beautiful gifts we have and just need to remember to take time to appreciate them!

0 comments: