CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SPRING BREAK WEEK.............

Before we get to spring time, we need to recap last weekend!

What a St. Patrick's Day Parade!  Sunday we had a float in the parade for St. Patrick's Day and we had a great time!  Each year the parade brings so much fun and as the kids get older and more kids join us it just keeps getting better.  We also had some new adults and the same crew as always.  I love having everyone there and despite the freezing cold and rain it was a good time!  It did take all night for us to warm up afterwards!








This week is spring break for the kids.  As they get older some of these things get more difficult.  Terry and I have to work of course so the kids are stuck going to daycare.  For Coop, he loves Mary Beth's so it's just a fun week but for Raelynn its not so good.  She goes to Boys and Girls Club and it is at a different location than her normal BGC and she has never loved it like she loves her after school BGC and the summer BGC.  To make it worse, this year they split up the kids and Raelynn is without one of her best friends.  I understand they want the kids to meet new kids but it is their spring break and they deserve to spend it having fun.  Since Raelynn is struggling a bit, I decided that I would do something "special" every day.  It doesn't necessarily have to be a big deal just a little something.  I let the kids pick 3 things and I picked the rest.  It has turned out to be great and given them something to look forward to.  It has even gotten better because one of her best friends that is not in her group has joined our fun!  So Monday we went to Juice Stop after I picked the kids up.  They had never been there but often asked to go so they thought it was awesome.  We met our friends there and hung out for over an hour.  Today Terry and I took the kids out for breakfast to their favorite spot, Dunkin Donuts!  We added to the fun by everyone filling out their NCAA Tournament Brackets.  Coop chose all the underdogs and Raelynn had a pretty good mix.  Raelynn decided whoever wins should get a prize.  She chose the prizes and considering what she chose for me, I think she rocks!  If she wins, she gets a pink clipboard, if Coop wins he gets 2 hot wheels cars, if Terry wins he gets a bag of M&Ms and if I win I get a new summer dress!  I love this idea :)  It was a fun morning and then tonight Karli and Chad came over for dinner and Steph and Cody showed up later to get the dogs so they joined us for dinner too.  It made for a fun evening.  Tomorrow our friends are joining us and we are going bowling.  The kids don't know and it is killing them!  Thursday will be swimming at the indoor aquatics center.  I am still working on Friday's surprise and then we wrap things up on Saturday with a trip to Chucky Cheese!  In a small way I hope this makes them feel like their spring break was a little fun and special.

Tomorrow is my Uncle Terry's Memorial Service.  As much as I know he is much happier and content now, I still struggle with the pain he has left behind for everyone else.  It is always so difficult but my Aunt and Uncle have 4 kids just like we do and their ages are similiar to mine.  I just can't imagine not having a parent there to call whenever about whatever.  It makes me once again more aware of what I have.  My every thought and prayer will be with my Mom and her entire family tomorrow.  I wish I were there to hug each of you!!!




1 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you my dear for your thoughts. I am so happy to have my kids and grandkids. Terry loved his family and was so proud of each and every one of them. He will be so missed by all. Wishing you all a good day.
My love goes out to you.
Mom