CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

GREAT NIGHT..........

Awe, it is finally warming up!  Tonight was awesome.  First, we didn't have to rush anywhere and were actually able to get home, cook dinner and enjoy a glass of wine :)  The best part was why I was making dinner, Terry and Coop were out playing basketball.  Coop got a basketball goal for Christmas and hasn't really been able to use it.  It doesn't go as low as Terry and I had hoped and when they first got out there Terry told Coop to keep trying as he tried to get the ball to the goal.  He told him by the end of the summer he would get it there if he kept working.  After a little while and with a few pointers from Dad and determination by Cooper, he was scoring before dinner was ready!  It is going to be a great summer.  We also prepared to enroll our sweet little boy in T-Ball today.  He has to "play up" a year which is allowed here because they don't allow them technically to play until the summer of their Kindergarten year.  Coop has no concept of being small or not as good as the bigger kids so he is not intimidated at all.  He loves baseball and can't wait to play.  It will be fun to watch him but our summer is shaping up to be a busy one.  With Raelynn practicing her horse shows and racing 2X per week and shows on Saturdays and Sundays, Coop with soccer practice on Thursdays and games on Saturday and now Tball practice 1x per week and games on Saturday it might be a little tricky.  I am just grateful that Terry and I aren't out numbered because I am sure I would need to clone myself if that were the case.








Today when I picked Coop up from preschool there was still quite a chill in the air.  As we got in the car I made the comment that I was cold.  Coop said, "I'm cold too.  I'm glad I didn't get to go out to recess because I would have been cold."  I have learned with Coop to pick up on what is NOT said as much as to listen to what is.  I asked him why he didn't get to go to recess.  He paused a moment and said "Ooooohhhhh, weeeelllll, .............." and then went into this story about wrestling and chasing fake leprechauns and stomping on the little ones and on and on and on.  Summarizing things I clarified with him that basically he got in trouble and therefore didn't get to go out to recess.  He then back pedalled a little saying he just had to stay in for a little while and when he realized I was not any happier by that he went on to tell me he only had to stay in 1 minute.  He again saw no softening in my "look" so then continued....."well I was sooooo cold and it was cold outside so I just did that so I wouldn't have to go outside."  He was quite pleased with this version of the story and even repeated it as to confirm that is what really happened.  I asked him, "So you want me to believe that you got in trouble on purpose so you wouldn't have to go outside because you were cold?"  To which Cooper replied with caution, "well it was cold outside."  It is really hard not to laugh and really hard not to dread the trouble that boy is going to be in.  He knew he was not convincing me of his latest version of the story so he then pulled out all the stops and as I turned back around to begin driving he said, "Mommy?"  "Yes Cooper?"  "I really love you!"  And there it was, his "out".  I simply said, "I love you too Cooper and I will love you when you are writing your apology note to your teachers for not listening."  And with that he knew the conversation was over and this one he had lost!  However, as I drove with a smile on my face, I really knew we had both won because I had made it through it without laughing or letting him know that I was quite amused and he had learned that once again Mom always knows the truth!!!

Raelynn's last night of karate was Monday night.  She actually was really starting to get it and I think even like it a little :)



Maybe we will try it again in the fall!

0 comments: