CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2013

SNOW, SNOW, SNOW......

What a day!  It snowed about 10" here and last I looked still snowing.  I woke up this morning at 4am like usual, looked out and hardly a speck of snow.  School had already been called off and I had a test for work scheduled in Topeka.  I laid back down just to process how the day was going to go with the kids out of school and me gone for the afternoon.  The next time I woke up was 5:40am and it was snowing.  I sprang up, changed and headed to the gym.  By the time I headed back home at 7am it was coming down hard.  I called the testing sight in Topeka and thankfully they were closing at noon and my test was scheduled for 1pm so I was off the hook there.  Then Tom text encouraging me to stay home and after a little argument and his reassurance that he was leaving early too, I stayed.  The kids were ecstatic!!!  A snow day for all three of us never happens.  The kids started the day with pj's and TV.  They played and played and never left each other's side.


I achieved a few things and then believe it or not I headed out this afternoon with the kids to play.  It was pretty fun actually.  I usually watch from the warmth of the house but today I just couldn't let them play without me.














I was the first to freeze out and head inside, next to follow was Raelynn but Coop played until dark.
He had sooooo much fun.  As Terry scooped the driveway and built up snow on the edges Coop discovered they made great sledding hills.  Apparently his first run he actually went down the hill, across the driveway and right under the truck.  Terry said he just laid back and went right under and arose on the other side with a smile on his face.  He challenged Terry that he was going to sled right off the rock wall but Terry persuade him otherwise.


As ornery as he is, he is also a very sweet boy.  Last night he asked if I would give him a fast bath which he does when he just wants to get in and out with no play time.  I agreed as we were running late from Karate.  I washed his hair and then reached for his body wash.  He asked if I would use my body wash instead.  I said sure and asked him if he liked mine better.  He said, "No I just smell like you so when I sleep its like I am snuggling with you."  Then he flashed me that sweet smile.  I am telling you that is one boy who is going to melt some girls heart some day.  Today when he came in side from playing in the snow he was so cold.  I helped him get some warm pj's on and then he said, "I could sure use some hot cocoa Mommy."  He ended his request  by saying, "but after I give you one of my soft kisses!"  I always tell him when he gives me a kiss on the cheek that I love his soft kisses so he knew just what to do to get his hot cocoa!

Tonight as I downloaded pics from the day, I found these on my computer.  I guess while Coop was outside playing and I was finishing the laundry, someone was playing with Photo Booth!



Tomorrow is another snow day but I assume 2 snow days for me is pushing it so it is also take your kid to work day.  :)



0 comments: