CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 13, 2013

LIFE IS SO UNPREDICTABLE.........

There are times when it is so apparent that life is completely unpredictable.  I think this week was one of those times.  As I mentioned before, our week began with Terry and Raelynn sick with the stomach flu, luckily Coop and I did not get sick but I cannot say the same for Karli!!!  Monday night I was exhausted and went to bed about 11:30pm just hoping that Raelynn was better in the morning and Coop was still healthy.  At 12:37am my phone rang which is never a good sign.  It was Karli's boyfriend and he was headed to the ER with Karli.  I jumped in the car and met them at the ER in Topeka.  Karli had the same thing Terry and Raelynn had except she was also having severe chest pains.  They ran every test under the son yet found nothing.  She was dismissed about 5:30am or so and is doing better but still worry about her.  I headed home from there, packed lunches, showered and off to work.  Tuesday was a very long day.  By today things seemed to be getting back to normal.  Raelynn and Terry headed out on a field trip and Coop and I headed to Kindergarten Round Up.  It's crazy to think he is big enough to be going to Kindergarten.  There are so many things I love about Coop's age.  He is learning so many new things and gaining so much knowledge.  He is confident but kind and just loves life.  I have been so blessed with amazing kids. I found myself often looking at Coop with his friends across the room and seeing in my mind the picture of him at 5 months old, lifeless lying in the hospital so covered in tubes and surrounded by monitors.  It is really quite amazing to see where he has been, where he is now and where he will be going!



One of Coop's friends from pre-school was there as well!  It made it even more fun having friends to share it with!







So Friday was a good day until........I received a call from my older sister and her ex husband was being life flighted to St. Luke's.  What was going on was very vague and confusing but his family had reached out to my niece's and they were headed to see him.  I had just spoke with him at the beginning of the week and things didn't seem perfect then but I had no idea he was ill.  The next call I received, he had passed away.  My heart sank for my nieces!  They had a difficult relationship with him but there was no doubt he loved them very much.  I felt so sad inside and when I told Raelynn and Cooper, tears came to Raelynn's eyes.  Coop did not remember him and just rubbed Raelynn's back and said he wished he remembered him.  It was so sad and so unexpected.  As if we have not had enough reminders, this was just one more that you should cherish every day we are given and NEVER forget to tell those around you how you feel about them.  I often do not know why things happen when they happen but eventually I always find the meaning and I just hope that my nieces find the meaning in this for them.  I cannot imagine what they are going through or even my sister.  Regardless the situation, he was a part of her life and our life for quite a few years and there will always be a connection there.  We are all sad and all desperate to understand, but as always we are a family and will all be there for each other both our side of the family and his.  To Cassidy, Chandler, Sherri and the entire Hornbostel Family~ I love you all, I always will.  I will say countless prayers for you and keep you all in my thoughts.  Lean on one another and know you always can.  Stay Strong!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kristi, if you could let me know the detais about his services. I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Julie Roush