CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BUSY, BUSY BUSY....

Just a quick update on the week. I am helping with VBS at our church and Raelynn is attending VBS with Aunt Bonnie at her church since she is too young for ours. Terry has been busy playing Super Dad while I help with VBS. He picks the kids up and and has to do all the stuff I do every night. Sadly, I miss it all. Raelynn had such a wonderful time Tuesday night at VBS! It also lead to a very interesting conversation for Tuesday night. Raelynn asked me where God is. I replied he was in heaven. She said she could not see him. I told her we could not see him but we could feel him in our hearts. She paused before saying she did not feel him. I told her she would in time. Then she asked if he could hear us. I said he could always hear us. She asked why we only talked to him at night then. I said you can talk to God anytime you like. There was a long pause. Then in a very stern and abrupt voice Raelynn says, "God?!" I lost it, it was soooo funny! She looked at me said, "I still don't hear him, I don't think he hears me either." I tried to gather myself. I just gave her a kiss and said "I promise he hears you and you hear him too, you just don't know it yet". So today I was just waiting for a call from Lisa asking me why my daughter was walking around yelling for God but the call never came, thankfully I think.

Cooper is still not eating. He has little to nothing to do with the bottle and will allow us to put food in his mouth but does nothing with it when it gets there. He is throwing up a lot and I plan to take him in for a weight check before work to make sure we are not loosing ground. We are worried and frustrated but trying to be patient. I have decided to be patient until Monday and then I am calling Dr. Kelley for more instruction. If Cooper has not gained when I take him in for the weight check, the call with come much sooner.

We are so excited for the Henry T's fundraiser that is coming up. Our friends are working so hard I cannot believe it. Eric designed a logo and it has become the official logo for Cooper's Cause. Check it out to the right. I think it is very cute! I have an appointment with an attorney next Thursday to take the next step toward developing the foundation. I truly believe this is what we are suppose to do. It feels really good and there are so many people to thank for it, but when we help that first family, I think that will be all the thanks we need. I know how special and wonderful this has all felt to us, I just can't wait to do the same for someone else.

Well I guess that is all the further I am going to get tonight as Cooper just came down to tell me he pulled his feeding tube out....again! If only he would realize that if he would eat, we would leave it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the logo! Sounds like you've found your "mission" and it feels good. Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you have tried different bottles or nipples to see if one might work better than another one. My 10 month old daughter has problems with throwing up if she doesn't eat from a bottle that helps take the air out. We use Platex VentAire bottles but then use Dr. Brown nipples. We have to first mix the formula in a cup with a whisk because we use Nutramigen and it is hard to mix. Then we put it in the bottle so that there are no air bubbles formed from shaking the formula. I hope this might help you.