CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

KIDS, SCRAPBOOKING AND BEGINNING A FOUNDATION.....GENERALLY KEEPING BUSY!

Things have been a little hectic around here, I think that is just how life will be from now to forever. It seems like now that we are in a routine and things are returning to "normal" we are all the sudden even busier. I have been working like mad to catch up on Cooper and Raelynn's scrapbooks. This is a task I absolutely despise but know the kids will appreciate them so much as they get older. Raelynn already looks at hers all the time. Now that Sherri is moving, I won't be able to call on her to make them look good. I am on my own now. After working all week on them and deciding I have no patience or artistic ability I headed to Hobby Lobby today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they make books of already made pages. You basically slap the picture on them, journal and you are done! This is my kind of scrapbooking. So I spent a ridiculous amount of money and called Sherri to let her know it was all her fault! Also while on the subject of Sherri leaving, Terry gave me his tentative football schedule. He still refs high school games and each year Sherri and I find a game that we all go to close to either Bonner or here. Well this year there are 2 games in Bonner and 1 here in Lawrence and none of it matters because she won't be here to go with. As I entered the games into my calendar I felt for the first time how lonely it is really going to be without her here. I completely take for granted the fact that she has been just minutes away from me every since I left home. I have watched Cassidy and Chandler grow up. I have been to school functions and sporting events year after year and now I will be lucky to see any of these. This morning Raelynn asked if she could go to Aunt Sherri's today which she does often. As always I told her no, not today but in my mind I wondered how long it would take after Sherri moved that she would forget about staying at Aunt Sherri's and stop asking. I don't want her to stop asking or forget. I don't know which I hate more, the fact that I won't have Sherri minutes away or the fact that the kids won't. I know for them, this move is great and I am truly very happy that she is going, but for us.......it sucks!

Raelynn and Cooper are doing great. Cooper is completely weaned off of Avidan and will be off Methadone by the 12th. Besides constant issues with the feeding tube being pulled out, clogged up or just a general irritation, Cooper seems to be doing very well. Raelynn has introduced him to Popsicles and suckers and now thinks Cooper needs one or both every night. Cooper agrees and I have a hard time saying no because it is so cute to watch his face as he eats them. I have met with Tiny K, a federal program that offers assistance in monitoring the development of infants from newborn to 3 years of age. I had decided to contact them prior to surgery and now with the risks of ECMO I am certainly glad I did. They will basically be by our side to help make sure Cooper is developing normally and give us exercises to improve areas that he may not be. They have 18 different types of therapist on staff so they are able to provide specialized assistance in almost any area. I am really looking forward to working with them.

We are also working towards developing a foundation to assist other families who find themselves in a situation like ours. Our friends and family have been so generous to set up various fund raising activities to help with the expenses we are incurring with Cooper's condition, we could not help but take your generosity and run with it. There is a website being developed currently that should be complete very soon. I have contacted Children's Mercy to see how we can get something set up so that after we have taken care of our financial responsibilities we can continue these fund raising events annually and donate the money to other families in need. Due to HIPPA laws and such this is not an easy task, however they are helping me as much as possible and providing me with other sources needed to make this happen. I have a feeling that I have just taken on another part time job but it is so worth it and honestly I am enjoying the challenge!

Sabo Family: You have all been so supportive of me and my family and your prayers have meant the world to us. Now, please know that you are in our prayers. I know this is a difficult time in so many ways but remember each of you have the other to look to for strength and support. Your love will get you all through the unknown.

2 comments:

miles3_17 said...

I'm telling you, do it on Shutterfly and it's just as cool. You dont even have to make prints of the pictures to slap on there, they just print them on the pages with the designs!!! Try it, we've made a couple books and love them. Good luck with the foundation, let me know if we can help with anything.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kristi. Please give our Jill and Taylor a hug from me.

Sending love and hugs.

Mary Sabo