CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

GOD'S LITTLE REMINDERS.....

Well we made it through yet another week. Thursday Raelynn went with Aunt Bonnie swimming and another day of VBS. She had so much fun. Raelynn has become quite fond of her outings with Aunt Bonnie and always has so much to tell us when she gets home. I guess Aunt Bonnie was brave enough to tell Raelynn that she like purple. After a little discussion they came to the agreement that she could "like" purple but could not "love" it because it was the Wildcats colors!!! I think Raelynn kept Aunt Bonnie on her toes :) .

Friday came along and truly I think Terry and I thought we were going to die. Cooper is not sleeping well and the 3 hours of sleep we were getting have become non existent. I felt so bad for Terry Friday morning I couldn't even bring myself to wake him at 4:30am so I could go run. Cooper was wide awake and fussy. I took him in for a weight check early Friday morning because he had been throwing up quite a bit. 15lbs 4oz....he was still gaining weight great! Too bad he was still not eating. I let Dr. Kelley know he was still not eating and still they told me to be patient. Patience isn't a strong trait for me anyway and with little sleep, patience is wearing thin. He did ok Friday during the day. Friday night I was helping with VBS at our church and Raelynn was having her VBS program at the church she was attending. There were plenty of people helping at mine so Kelly was sweet enough to let me go early so I could go with Cooper and Terry to see Raelynn's program. We walked in and they were already on stage singing. Raelynn saw us and started waving and saying "Hi Mommy" right in the middle of the program. You would think I would be embarrassed but I just smiled and waved back. It was so cute! We got home and settled in hoping for a better night with Cooper, but no luck. Day 2, no running for Mommy! Again, Cooper decides that being fussy and awake was better than sleep. He fell asleep about 5:15am and I fell asleep to.

Saturday we had a very busy day of running errands. While we were at Walmart Cooper decided to pull out his feeding tube, again! We have put in 3 or 4 tubes this past week. When I got home I called Terry to let him know. I can't put the tube in without him holding Cooper's hands and head. He wasn't able to come home for a little while so I told Cooper this was it. He seemed hungry so I gave him a bottle. He played and sucked a little but not too interested. I gave him peaches and pears which he actually ate some of but nothing close to what he would need. So our eating battle continues. Saturday night we went over to Brett and Kelly's for a get-together in their new house. The house is great and we had a lot of fun. Raelynn loves Brett, Kelly and Kaden so she is always eager to visit. Part way through the evening, Cooper seemed to be a little warm and had not been acting very energetic. We went home and gave him some Tylenol. Throughout the night his fever when from 101 to 103. By 7am I called the doctor and they advised to go to the ER to have his ears checked. So Cooper and I headed to the ER while Raelynn and Daddy stayed home. Raelynn was so scared and would not quit crying. These are the times we notice what effect our long stays at CMH has had on her. Coop and I got right in to the ER. We spent an hour updating them on Cooper's condition and assuring them that the low SAT level was nothing to be too alarmed by however it was lower than I would have like to seen at 74. It ends up the Coop has a double ear infection and we were not giving a large enough dosage of Tylenol to bring the fever down. We left the ER with Ibuprofen, Tylenol and Amoxicilion in hand. He is doing better as far as the fever goes but he is still very lethargic and fussy. We are looking forward to another fun filled night, hahaha! Terry and I joked toning that every time we say we do not know how much more we can take, God gives us a little reminder that we should be grateful for what we have and reminds us it could be worse.

Now back to Raelynn and her understanding of God. So tonight she asks me if God sleeps. I tell her I really don't know and she could ask Pastor Bill next Sunday. She said, "If we can talk to God, why don't we just ask him. God, do you sleep?" She hears no response from God and therefore looks at me and says "Yep I guess he does, he must be asleep now because he didn't hear me". Seriously, anyway who can give me pointers on how to address these questions without laughing hysterically, I am listening.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I love it! Does God sleep!? This makes me smile! :)

Anonymous said...

Check your e-mail at home. This may help with some of the questions our little girl comes up with. Hope Cooper is doing better. Give both the kids a big huge from Grandma. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I came across this quote not long ago and thought it was appropriate for what you're going through. "LIfe isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..it's about learning to dance in the rain". Hope Cooper feels better today!
Jan

The Wiley Clan said...

So sorry to hear about Coop's ear infections! Sending many healthy vibes his way!! Raelynn is a doll--what sweet innocence in her questions about God! :)