CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OUR FIRST FOUNDATION MEETING....

Last night was our first Cooper's Cause Foundation Meeting. I cannot even tell you how excited I am. First of all, I do not think we could have selected a better board of directors. They all seem to have fundraising experience and no one was hesitant to offer suggestions. We are all ready to make this foundation something big and make big impacts on families' lives. We have already established committee heads for 3 of the fundraisers for next year and hope they will begin working right away. There are also some additional fundraisers I found out about today I am really excited about but cannot say just yet as the final "ok" has not been given. I would never wish to go through what we have nor would I ever wish this upon Cooper, but given the situation, I could not be prouder to be where we are now. We were given such a challenge and have been so fortunate to make something so good out of it. I don't think we could honor Cooper any better than to be doing what we are now. I hope he grows with the foundation and has the passion and respect we do for everyone involved.

Today was election day! I wish I would have taken Raelynn with me to vote. I think it would have been a good experience for her but unfortunately our schedules did not allow for it. Raelynn enjoys watching the news in short spurts these days. She is quite the weather woman. This morning I told her I had to go early to vote. She of course wanted to know what vote was. I explained by saying we choose who we want to run the world. I don't know why I said world, I was trying to find words she would understand. As soon as I said it she says to me, I thought God ran the world. I smiled as I am trying desperately to leave not only to go vote but to get away from these difficult questions from a 3 year old. I told her that I misspoke and we vote to see who is in charge of our country. Then she wanted to know what "our country" was. I said it is where we live, she says I thought we lived in Lawrence. Needless to say I was getting no where. Then the guy on the news says something about election day and to get out and vote for our next president and Raelynn turns to me as though I had been completely wrong about everything I was telling her and says, Mom you're voting for the next president, Obama or McCain, you should watch the news. What!!!???? It was that simple. I didn't have to explain who or what a president was, just simply tell her that I was voting for a president! I would have been out the door 15 minutes earlier had I just known! It was cute though and just reminded me she knows more than I think. Raelynn also got her first homework assignment today. She was to practice squares, rectangles, diamonds and cutting out circles. Before bed we got a story book that has these shapes and each time she saw one I asked her to draw it on a piece of paper I had given her. Well, I now know why she was sent home with the assignment. It is quite apparent that my daughter has inherited my inability to comprehend geometry. I am sure her father is very disappointed :). After 20 minutes of drawing squares and rectangles we decided we would save diamonds for another night. I wonder if her teacher would find humor if I taught my daughter diamonds came in rings, necklaces and earrings and their shape was irrelevant but rather the color, clarity and size were of the utmost importance? Not sure I should go there yet, but it is much more interesting than trying to explain to her why her squares and rectangles look the same and they shouldn't and why it is of any importance to know how to draw them anyway :) (No worries, I really do not project that to my daughter, I keep it for complaining to Terry later.)

0 comments: