CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

TERRY'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND....

Terry's birthday was Friday. It is always so hard to figure out what to get him. There is nothing he wants except things that are too expensive for us to buy and that is why he doesn't have them. He has been looking at buying a GPS system for his truck for months. A few weeks ago I decided to get that for him for his birthday and Christmas together. The problem was I knew he knew exactly what he wanted but I didn't. So I called Kathy at the store and asked her if she thought we could fool Terry into going to Best Buy for a "carpet measurement" but instead I would be there and surprise him. He could then pick out what he wanted. Well it worked like a charm. He was definitely surprised and I think he was really happy and excited. I was so happy because I love to do nice things for him it is just that he never really wants for anything. Anyway that was my gift to him. Earlier in the week I had taken Raelynn and Cooper shopping for their gift to him. Raelynn decided he needed a new stocking hat to keep him warm this winter. she picked out a really nice KU one. She was so excited to give it to him but did such a good job of keeping it a secret.


After their gift Raelynn wanted to make Daddy Birthday Brownies. Everyone helped including Terry. Well actually Raelynn and I made the brownies and everyone helped clean up.


Today was a big day too. We went to Kansas City and had our family picture and Cooper's 1 Year pictures taken. I was so happy to finally be able to do this. I did not want to take pictures until Cooper was free from all tubes. Pictures went really well and the kids were great. They are both so darn cute! Cooper did a fabulous job and did not get fussy at all until the very end and we had already gotten several pictures. We go back on Wednesday to pick them and I know it is going to be hard but I am so excited. After that we headed to Nebraska Furniture Mart to check out washers and dryers. My washing machine was on its last leg. There was only 1 cycle that worked, Permanent Press, and often it would not spin the clothes. We have known for quite awhile that we needed to get a new one but they are just so expensive. Then on Friday, the dryer stopped drying. I would run it and run it and clothes were still wet. I could not take it any more. So I am now the proud owner of a new washer and dryer and they are amazing. It is unbelievable the things they do now. We did buy a front load but by no means bought the top of the line. I am very happy with them though and since doing laundry seems to be what I do in every second of my spare time these days, it is nice to have a set that actually do what they are designed for :).

Oh yeah, and how can I forget, Raelynn and Cooper are starting their own band using my bowls, pots and pans. We are so thrilled that their practicing has become a nightly event. Unfortunately, they are not improving very rapidly, hahaha!

1 comments:

Huber Family said...

Ha! I just finished posting my blog and clicked over to your site to see what's new and it looks like you just posted as well! Too funny = )The working hours of working moms ...