CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THE STORIES WE ENCOUNTER...

Tonight seems to be a little difficult for me. Cooper is doing so well. Finally things are seeming normal to us, then it seems we are over come by news of other families struggling. You will find two new links of my blog list, Pray for Baby David and Heart of a Princess. In both cases the families are encountering difficulties with their children and congenital heart defects. I feel this unbelievable urge to help them. I have spent the evening researching funds and grants and requesting applications I can forward them. I also am finishing additional paperwork our foundation is requiring from the IRS. I guess now that I feel our situation is currently fairly stable I have to help everyone else. The problem is I am much too emotional. I know we all go through difficult times but these people I know how hard it really is and how it feels to spend days at the hospital and wonder if you will leave with your little one. It sucks! Anyway, please check out there blogs/websites and add them to your prayer lists. We have been so luckily with everything I just want to share some of that with them.

Tomorrow night is the Cooper's Cause Night at Pizza Hut in Scott City. Karli, my little sis, has worked so hard to make this fundraiser happen. Her really good friend, Shanea has been helping her along with Mom. I am so proud of her and hope the night is a huge success not just for us but for Karli. She is one of those people who is the happiest when she is doing something for others. They put this whole fundraiser together and I knew nothing about it until a week or so ago, they wanted to surprise us. Anyway I am looking forward to hearing how it goes and wish we could be there too. Thank you Karli, Mom, Shanea and everyone else who is helping and supporting this fundraiser. The entire community of Scott City has been amazingly supportive in various ways of our family and we are truly grateful!

3 comments:

Nana Jan said...

Families with kids who have heart problems are truely blessed to have you in their lives. Not only because you are giving from Cooper's Cause but because you truely are giving from you're own "heart". You are a wonderful "angel"!

nikki wood said...

Thank you so much for putting us in your blog! It means more than I can ever say to have people who care about this lil guy before he is even born! I saw the cardio doc today so check out my blog!

Anonymous said...

I can truely say YEA Scott City you came through for us again. What a great time we had and a good turn out at Pizza Hut. This has been another good fund raiser.

Mom