CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"HE IS SO CUTE HE MAKE MY HEART TICKLE"

Tonight was one of those nights you sit and wonder how it will be 10 years from now. ......Tonight was one of those nights that Raelynn acted twice her age and was more than picture perfect. From helping with dinner, to bathing Cooper to caring for herself you would have never guessed she was 3! After Raelynn had successfully bathed, washed her hair, conditioned her hair, drained the water, picked up all the toys, sprayed down the shower with Tilex, dried herself off, brushed her teeth, brushed her hair and was in the process of getting her pajamas on she looks over at Cooper who was as usual being completely silly and ornery she says to me as she is giggling, "Mom Cooper is so cute he makes my heart tickle!" What an adorable thing to say and she is so right. You can't help but look at Cooper and smile. He is visually cute but his personality has given him a whole new set of characteristics that you can't help but fall in love with. On Sunday I actually chose to do very little and during Cooper's nap he started to fuss. I went in and he was standing in his crib. I picked him up and he nuzzled right in and was back asleep. Usually I just lay him back down but Sunday I decided to sit and hold him instead. Raelynn was downstairs with Terry and it was just Cooper and I which never happens. As I held his petite little body and he seemed to be hugging me in his sleep I could not help but notice how wonderful his little hair smelled. It wasn't a fabricated smell from his shampoo or his gel that we use to spike his hair but it was just Cooper. I realized that both the kids have a special fragrance and to sit and snuggle with them and barry your face in their fine soft hair and just absorb every part of them was something I did not do enough. If you have ever held Cooper close you also know to feel his beating heart against your chest is unique. We are not sure why, but you can feel his heart beat strongly in his chest. It always feels like it is closer to the outside of his body than anyone else's because you can feel it so distinctly. On Sunday it was just a reminder of how blessed I was to be sitting there snuggling with him at all. It was humbling on Mother's Day to just realize it is an honor to be a mother and I needed nothing more on that day to make my Mother's Day perfect than to be sitting right there, holding Cooper and hearing Raelynn's constant chatter to Terry in the basement; well that and the big caramel sundae from Dairy Queen we had later in the afternoon :)

Our whole weekend was good. Saturday we left the house around 8 am and went to a pancake feed. It was at the park and there was a fire truck there so what more could the kids wish for.

We played for awhile and then headed out to run some errands and then off to riding lessons. Raelynn is having fun and I think doing pretty well. After her lesson Coop got on and wouldn't get off!

We finally managed to escape without any tears and headed home to eat, nap and get ready for the evening. Raelynn and I headed to a dance recital and Terry and Coop were off to a benefit concert for some friends of ours. The recital was a lot of fun and we saw some great performances. I don't know much about dance but it was fun to see some of the little people with such big personalities. Raelynn and I met up with Terry and Cooper at the concert. Come to find out, our son is a real lady's man. There was a dance floor at the place where the concert was held and mostly the little kids were dominating it early on. Cooper was dancing and listening to the bands and loving it. What we were loving was watching him actually go up to little girls and dance with them and try to talk with them. He scared two little girls off but did not seemed too upset by the rejection. When our friends son, Kaden, tried to dance with him, he shook his head no and went right up to the next little girl in line and danced with her. It was truly hysterical. Kaden does what they call the booty dance and it is honestly the funniest and cutest thing ever. I am sure this is why Coop would not dance with him, he did not want to be out danced by anyone. At this point Coop's dancing consists of stopping his right foot and bouncing up and down! We finally got him off the dance floor for a little while but he was still unstoppable. He was walking around the crowd high fiving the guys and blowing kisses to the girls. He is really too much. I thought he would be our bashful one....who would have known! It was a lot of fun.

Steph will be moving in for the summer this weekend. We are looking forward to having her! She seems excited too and I am positive she will add some good laughs to our household! We are also preparing ourselves for Coop's Cardiac Catheter next week and just hope things go well. Speaking of the Catheter, my Mom shared a great story with me this weekend. My parents live in a small town and we all know how rumors run in a small town. Well as you know Cooper's name came from my maiden name. My Dad is often referred to as Coop or Cooper back in their town. Well apparently little Cooper's cardiac catheter got turned into my Dad suffering heart issues and going in for a cardiac catheter! My Mom got a call from their pastor on Saturday asking if my Dad was doing ok. She was very perplexed and said yes that he was fine. Then the pastor told her the story he had heard. When Mom told Dad that evening he laughed and said he had 3 people that day ask him if he was ok or about his upcoming cardiac catheter. I love it, how funny is that! Anyway, it gave us all a good laugh. Our little Cooper can stir things up 6 hours from here!!!!

0 comments: